2021 MLB Season

5fouls

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think whoever dictated that the Red Sox wear those yellow and blue "City Connect" clown outfits should be fired.

They look even worse when on the field with the classic simplicity of the Yankees visiting grays...

I was watching Schwarber and saw those uniforms....only thing that came to mind was somehow a Euro soccer league gave the Sox their uniforms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Never but tip of the cap to the players. They never mailed it in and are playing as well as anyone.....and I still can't figure out why or how? Haha.

It seems like swapping O’Neill and Arenado and Molina/Carlson has paid off. And Lester and Happ have helped way more than anyone thought. 

Also saw that this year is the Cards 14th straight season with a winning record which is nuts. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It seems like swapping O’Neill and Arenado and Molina/Carlson has paid off. And Lester and Happ have helped way more than anyone thought. 

Also saw that this year is the Cards 14th straight season with a winning record which is nuts. 

I really, really miss the Cards from the 70's...

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I'm sure there is a stat somewhere but I can't remember any team winning 14 in a row in September before today's game. 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just got to see that play.  It constantly amazes me how players and umps don’t know the rules. 

It’s nuts! The guy at first called him out at second because it looks like he thought it was a force. Then for some reason called time during a live play. And instead of it being a game-ending double play, they somehow gave them 2nd and 3rd?! I feel like if the Cubs had won the Cards may have played the game under protest. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Aquino plays chess?

Aristides (520s – c. 467 BCE) was an Athenian statesman and military commander who gained the honorific title 'the Just' through his consistent selfless behaviour in public office. Although ostracized by the Athenian assembly, Aristides returned to command troops with great success at the battles of Salamis and Plataea during the Persian Wars of the early 5th century BCE. He is the subject of one of Plutarch's Lives biographies.

• Haha 1

Reds LHP pitcher Reiver Sanmartin will make his MLB debut today against the Pirates taking Wade Miley's spot in the rotation. Sanmartin had a 10-2 record and a 3.32 ERA in 25 appearances (17 starts) this season at Triple-A Louisville and Double-A Chattanooga. He's getting a look as a rotation candidate moving forward prior to the end of the year. 

Side note he was acquired from the Yankees along with Sonny Gray for Shed Long. I think the Redlegs won that trade. 

Edited by DC2345

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Reds LHP pitcher Reiver Sanmartin will make his MLB debut today against the Pirates taking Wade Miley's spot in the rotation. Sanmartin had a 10-2 record and a 3.32 ERA in 25 appearances (17 starts) this season at Triple-A Louisville and Double-A Chattanooga. He's getting a look as a rotation candidate moving forward prior to the end of the year. 

Side note he was acquired from the Yankees along with Sonny Gray for Shed Long. I think the Redlegs won that trade. 

...and Yankee fans beach about their starting pitching?  LOL

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As a Reds fan, I'm actually glad Cincy had that rough 2-3 week stretch.  It makes it easier to stomach.  I would gave been sick if the Reds played well down the stretch only to lose out because the Cardinals won 700 games in a row.

But........... Cards win 700 games in a row, then lose 1 game playoff....   Does the 700 wins really matter then?  

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As a Reds fan, I'm actually glad Cincy had that rough 2-3 week stretch.  It makes it easier to stomach.  I would gave been sick if the Reds played well down the stretch only to lose out because the Cardinals won 700 games in a row.

I wonder how Padre fans feel?