2021 MLB Season

5fouls

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Definitely the White Sox...

Most Cub fans I know usually root for the ChiSox to do well, especially if the Cubs are sucking...

Most Sox fans I know hate the Cubs with a passion...

Interesting, most the avid Cub fans I know disdain the Pale Hose.  And TBH, I don't know one single ChiSox fan personally.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting, most the avid Cub fans I know disdain the Pale Hose.  And TBH, I don't know one single ChiSox fan personally.

I worked with one when I was in Chicago. He was always telling me how classless Cubs fans were...until the attack by the hillbilly father and son team on Tom Gamboa...then he shut up about it...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I worked with one when I was in Chicago. He was always telling me how classless Cubs fans were...until the attack by the hillbilly father and son team on Tom Gamboa...then he shut up about it...

It always seemed strange to me growing up not knowing any White Sox fans.  Heck, channel 55 out of Fort Wayne even carried them for a few years when LaRussa was there.  Seems like everyone was a Reds, Cubs, or Tigers fan in my part of the world.  

19 minutes ago, rico said:

It always seemed strange to me growing up not knowing any White Sox fans.  Heck, channel 55 out of Fort Wayne even carried them for a few years when LaRussa was there.  Seems like everyone was a Reds, Cubs, or Tigers fan in my part of the world.  

I didn't know any White Sox fans either growing up...all Reds fans in Martinsville as far as I knew. 

Except me...

3 hours ago, rico said:

That AL wild card race is something else.  I am still pulling for Toronto, Seattle, and Oakland.  Anybody but the Yanks...

I've been so detached from baseball this year I didn't even notice. That is a heckuva race. I'll self report a mistake...back in July when Mariners traded their ace reliever to Houston I thought it was a horrible move to trade your ace to a team ahead of you. Still think it was a dumb move but Mariners only 1.5 out with 5 to go? Pretty good job out there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been so detached from baseball this year I didn't even notice. That is a heckuva race. I'll self report a mistake...back in July when Mariners traded their ace reliever to Houston I thought it was a horrible move to trade your ace to a team ahead of you. Still think it was a dumb move but Mariners only 1.5 out with 5 to go? Pretty good job out there.

They evidently don't miss their closer, but tbh I have no idea who is even on the Mariner team.  LOL  I haven't watched them play since Junior was there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rico said:

They evidently don't miss their closer, but tbh I have no idea who is even on the Mariner team.  LOL  I haven't watched them play since Junior was there.

My uncle (IU guy) moved to Seattle years ago so I keep tabs. His words are basically this. They love their team, hate the ownership....plus it's a Seahawks and Seahawks Region only. My cousin goes to games there....usually day of you can get good seats for $10. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:24 PM, rico said:

I grew up about 3 hours from St. Louis, 4 hours from Cincinnati and about 6 from Chicago. Both of my parents are native Chicagoans, specifically dad being a south side native and a Sox fan. 

And who did I pick as my team? The Mets. 

That’s right, rather than side with one group, I just decided to piss off everyone. I know that’s absolutely shocking, given the source. :coffee: 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I grew up about 3 hours from St. Louis, 4 hours from Cincinnati and about 6 from Chicago. Both of my parents are native Chicagoans, specifically dad being a south side native and a Sox fan. 

And who did I pick as my team? The Mets. 

That’s right, rather than side with one group, I just decided to piss off everyone. I know that’s absolutely shocking, given the source. :coffee: 

And you sir are the only Mets fan I know.

• Like 2

As a Sox fan, I think the hating of the Cubs is more good natured than serious. At least that is how I am.

Got a chance to watch the whole Sox game (vs the Reds) last night. First one I've caught in a week. Their hitting is rounding into form with everyone back and healthy. I think Luis Roberts is a future MVP. A true 5 * player. Keep an eye on him. The pitching has me worried. I would like to have our All Star (Carlos Rodon) start a playoff game. Looks like he will pitch a few innings tonight but, as of now, not looking like he would start in the first round. I believe Houston matches up well with our fastball pitchers. I have less than 50% confidence that they make it to the ALCS. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've always been a little skeptical of the postseason odds on ESPN. A couple weeks ago, they had the Red Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays all at 60% or higher to make the playoffs. They now have the Blue Jays at 18%, even though they're only 1 game behind the Red Sox (75%). 

Sox play the Orioles and Nationals I believe and the Jay's have the Yanks and Rays  maybe

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I've always been a little skeptical of the postseason odds on ESPN. A couple weeks ago, they had the Red Sox, Yankees and Blue Jays all at 60% or higher to make the playoffs. They now have the Blue Jays at 18%, even though they're only 1 game behind the Red Sox (75%).

Earlier in September when the Reds were up 1 game over SD they had the Reds at 70 percent and SD at 20 percent