2021 MLB Season

5fouls

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

As many know the Bears and Chicago are going back and forth on Soldier Field. Was just sent this rendering. Makes sense for the city and White Sox....but I'd also puke.

IMG_3298.PNG

The Bears put a bid in on land near Arlington racetrack. Serious or trying to bargain ahead of lease expiration?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The Bears put a bid in on land near Arlington racetrack. Serious or trying to bargain ahead of lease expiration?

When they dropped the "spaceship" into the skelton of Soldier Field I knew it wouldn't last long...

I'd love the Bears to stay downtown...easy as far as travel in from the suburbs in my experience...5 dollar Metro ride, and then they use to have the $1 bus over to Soldier...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Earlier in September when the Reds were up 1 game over SD they had the Reds at 70 percent and SD at 20 percent

The Reds offense went to crap when Winker got hurt. They survived for a week or two after the injury because Naquin got hot then he cooled off and got hurt too. Then the offense struggled for a couple weeks and the starting pitching wasn't great for a couple of different reasons while at the  same time the Cardinals lost their freaking minds. I really hate the freaking Cardinals

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

Serious. Very....tired of not owning their own stadium, deal with Park District, City problems,etc.....and I'm all for it. Soldier Field is the smallest venue in NFL and probably makes the least amount of $.  Every owner in the league would take about .2 seconds to say yes to breaking the lease. 

Whether it happens or not is different story. As with everything in that town there are layers upon layers of crap to deal with...even when something makes so much sense.

• Like 1

Love 'em or hate 'em, the Yankees have done what I thought they would not do. They took care of the Sawks (sweep), and took 2 of 3 from the Blue Jays! After Cole got rocked on Wed. night, I wasn't too optimistic. Then last night the Bronx Bombers faced Robbie Ray, who is supposed to be this years' Cy Young winner! The Bronx Bombers lit him up scoring 4 runs on 3 homers in the 6th inning. Ray had only given up 4 hits until then, but all hits were home runs!

Now they still need 2 to clinch but they have another tall task as they face Tampa, who have owned the Yanks this season. There is now a 3-way tie for the second WC spot with Seattle, who have gone on a St. Louis Cardinals win streak!!

Stay Tuned, as Yogi Berra said "It aint over 'til the Fat Lady sings".....

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

If the Yankees lose today (and they're down 7-1 in the 3rd) and the Bosox, Mariners, and Blue Jays win today, then both the Yankees and Bosox lose tomorrow, and the Mariners and Blue Jays win, there will be a 4 way tie for the 2 AL wildcard spots...

That's what I'm hoping for...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If the Yankees lose today (and they're down 7-1 in the 3rd) and the Bosox, Mariners, and Blue Jays win today, then both the Yankees and Bosox lose tomorrow, and the Mariners and Blue Jays win, there will be a 4 way tie for the 2 AL wildcard spots...

Does the math allow the Orioles to make it a 5 way tie?  

18 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So day one holds true! 

Also, if the Giants lose and the Dodgers win, they'll have to have a playoff game for the NL West crown. Loser gets the Cardinals.

This is gonna be pretty good...

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So day one holds true! 

Also, if the Giants lose and the Dodgers win, they'll have to have a playoff game for the NL West crown. Loser gets the Cardinals.

This is gonna be pretty good...

I still can't believe the Giants have been this good.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I still can't believe the Giants have been this good.

Me either, but they've got a few "gamers" that I've always thought might not have shiney stats, but are winners...Belt, Crawford, Yaztremski, Longoria...and Posey still plays a pretty good game and supplies the leadership...

Having decent starters and a lockdown bullpen doesn't hurt either...