2021 MLB Season

5fouls

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know most of you guys don't like Dakich but at the end of each show they give the picks of the day for gambling.  A prop that Dan was taking at +8500 I think was Schwarber and Rizzo to both go yard. I don't gamble but that would have been a nice little payday

Wonder how Cubs fans felt seeing them hit home runs??

Tip of the cap to the Sawks. They wanted it more and deserved to win. I've said it all season long but the Yankees are not a championship caliber team. There was too many injuries and inconsistent play. Players that I thought would make a difference, did not (hello Cole, and DJ).

It will be interesting to see what moves are made during the off-season, maybe go after Scherzer??

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Wonder how Cubs fans felt seeing them hit home runs??

Tip of the cap to the Sawks. They wanted it more and deserved to win. I've said it all season long but the Yankees are not a championship caliber team. There was too many injuries and inconsistent play. Players that I thought would make a difference, did not (hello Cole, and DJ).

It will be interesting to see what moves are made during the off-season, maybe go after Scherzer??

How is it appealing to be a Yankees fan? 

They play with a stacked deck every year. I'm not overly trying to attack your team here... but how is getting Sherzer interesting? How many superstars do they need to win? 

Same with LAD. That's just how I view baseball... I think the Yankees should feel ashamed when they don't win it. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They play with a stacked deck every year. I'm not overly trying to attack your team here... but how is getting Sherzer interesting? How many superstars do they need to win? 

Same with LAD. That's just how I view baseball... I think the Yankees should feel ashamed when they don't win it. 

The appealing part comes from a team that has a rich tradition of winning. Go to any ballpark and I guarantee you will see many Yankee fans in attendance. Plus the many great players they have had and the ones who are in the Baseball HOF. As Yankee fans, yes, we think they should win the WS every year, while other teams are happy if they just make the play-offs. It's a winning organization, I think that's appealing, maybe I'm wrong, IDK.

As far as getting Scherzer, they need pitching, what team doesn't?

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The appealing part comes from a team that has a rich tradition of winning. Go to any ballpark and I guarantee you will see many Yankee fans in attendance. Plus the many great players they have had and the ones who are in the Baseball HOF. As Yankee fans, yes, we think they should win the WS every year, while other teams are happy if they just make the play-offs. It's a winning organization, I think that's appealing, maybe I'm wrong, IDK.

As far as getting Scherzer, they need pitching, what team doesn't?

Appreciate the response. I think you all are a bunch of band wagons from the beginning lol

Also.. what I think matters zero. Literally zero. 

Scherzer is a stud. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Settle down there a tad.

A guy like me likes it when the Yanks and Dodgers spend big and don't win the prize.  Gives me a rooting interest when my team ain't in it.  LOL

But seriously, I understand exactly what you are saying.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, rico said:

Settle down there a tad.

A guy like me likes it when the Yanks and Dodgers spend big and don't win the prize.  Gives me a rooting interest when my team ain't in it.  LOL

But seriously, I understand exactly what you are saying.  

Right? Truthfully was not trying to be rude in the least bit. Proud2BAHoosier has been with us a long time and absolutely not trying to be mean at all. Just my thoughts. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right? Truthfully was not trying to be rude in the least bit. Proud2BAHoosier has been with a long time and absolutely not trying to be mean at all. Just my thoughts. 

I have asked Yankee fans I know sort of the same thing myself.  More often than not they just say that the Yankee way is the only way they know.  Personally, I think MLB missed the boat back in the early 80's.  They had the chance to set baseball up like the NFL is way back then.

• Like 1

There are many things I admire about the Yankees...the iconic players like Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra, Ford, Jackson, and Jeter...the classic uniforms, both Yankee stadiums...

But that doesn't mean I'd ever root for them...

That said...at least for tonight, GO DODGERS!

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Doesn't make sense does it?  Go all year playing 3 game series and get to the play-offs and have a one game winner take all?

I agree. Also, you win 106 games during the regular season, 2nd most in National League and you have to win a do or die 1 game playoff...... doesn't make sense. Was hoping the Cardinals would pull it out but just couldn't get the big hit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You will never convince me single elimination baseball is a good idea.  

In theory, I agree with you.  That said, I went to bed early last night and missed the end of the game.  I'm not a Dodgers fan, but I am smiling at the result this morning.

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You will never convince me single elimination baseball is a good idea.  

Exactly. Make it a 2/3 series starting Monday. 2nd round if you call it that doesn't start until Friday anyway.  Even if the benefit makes me smile....feel horrible for Cards. Work your tail off all year and it's gone in 24 hours. Same goes for Dodgers if they would have lost. 

Reseed after season and make WC series 2/3.