2021 MLB Season

5fouls

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I love single elimination...

Especially last night 😁

In all seriousness, I think it should be just one game...you didn't win your division, so we're giving you a shot...Mano y mano...1 game...

Look at the NCAA tournament and how exciting that is...

Nah, they should expand the playoffs to 8 teams per league.  1st round is a 3 game series...

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The fact that the Braves had the 5th best record in the NL yet didn’t have to play in the wild card game is bogus. 

That has happened quite a bit since divisional play began.  But I get the point.  Product of being in a weak division.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The fact that the Braves had the 5th best record in the NL yet didn’t have to play in the wild card game is bogus. 

I guess the fact that the Reds won the season series from the Cardinals, but the Cardinals got to play in the postseason (very briefly) is bogus as well.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Especially last night 😁

In all seriousness, I think it should be just one game...you didn't win your division, so we're giving you a shot...Mano y mano...1 game...

That’s different everybody is single elimination there and yeah they didn’t win their divisions.  Both both teams won more games than the braves.  Heck the Dodgers won 18 more game the braves. 

I think it needs restructured at least.  Division winners get a spot with the next two best records also getting in. Worst two records playing the single elimination game.  So would have been Braves/Cards last night 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Especially last night 😁

That’s different everybody is single elimination there and yeah they didn’t win their divisions.  Both both teams won more games than the braves.  Heck the Dodgers won 18 more game the braves. 

I think it needs restructured at least.  Division winners get a spot with the next two best records also getting in. Worst two records playing the single elimination game.  So would have been Braves/Cards last night 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Especially last night 😁

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Especially last night 😁

20 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I guess that's one way to look at it. Another way is that even though the Cardinals played .800 ball over the last month, they won the same number of playoff games as the Arizona Diamondbacks. 

Or that the Cardinals have finished with an above .500 record for the 14th year in a row. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I assume you really believe in your stance on this topic