2021 MLB Season

5fouls

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s different everybody is single elimination there and yeah they didn’t win their divisions.  Both both teams won more games than the braves.  Heck the Dodgers won 18 more game the braves. 

I think it needs restructured at least.  Division winners get a spot with the next two best records also getting in. Worst two records playing the single elimination game.  So would have been Braves/Cards last night 

There's really no way to make schedules equitable unless you get rid of the division format and make just the two leagues and the top 4 finishers in each league makes the playoffs. Make each team play 10 games against each team in their league, and the other 22 against teams from the other league...

You might do a "wild card"  round between positions 4 and 5 but I don't see why. 

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol sorry crappy work wifi was saying it wasn’t sending the post and didn’t see until I came back to the topic later 

No worries, I'm the dumba$$ that read it 4 times in a row ......... hahahaha talking about asleep at the wheel 🤣

Think I mentioned this on here back in July/August about White Sox record vs teams with above .500 records being so poor...seems so far it's playing out. Not piling on but when you beat up on a weak division it covers some stuff. 

Lots of innings left in the series but so far Astros seem to be the dominant team. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

For you NL guys, there could be some Yankee players on their way out, including a manager. I have mixed feelings about this #3 pick, Brett Gardners. My son named his son after Gardner 9 years ago.

Any interest?

It will be interesting to see what the Yanks do.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm all for pitch count limiting... but 5IP 72P 1ER and Urias gets pulled? In a must win game? 

Is that usual for him? 

We need to stop babying pitchers.  There is no reason these pitchers can't throw 100+ pitches in a game.  These guys are way better athletes than the baseball players of the past but they can't do things that the old timers cod do.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We need to stop babying pitchers.  There is no reason these pitchers can't throw 100+ pitches in a game.  These guys are way better athletes than the baseball players of the past but they can't do things that the old timers cod do.

Science literally is the reason... 

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Science literally is the reason... 

Yet there are more elbow injuries today than we ever had.  The problem is guys just learns to throw the ball and not the art of pitching.  It is about throwing as hard as you can for ad long as you can.  It is is about trying to strike everyone out instead of getting outs quickly.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, IU Scott said:

Yet there are more elbow injuries today than we ever had.  The problem is guys just learns to throw the ball and not the art of pitching.  It is about throwing as hard as you can for ad long as you can.  It is is about trying to strike everyone out instead of getting outs quickly.

No it's about missing the barrel of the bat, so you don't have dudes hitting 440ft bombs on you.