2021 MLB Season

5fouls

On 10/7/2021 at 9:19 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

The fact that the Braves had the 5th best record in the NL yet didn’t have to play in the wild card game is bogus. 

And yet they knock the team that finished 5 games above the Cardinals out with ease...

Maybe the NL East was a more difficult division than the Central was...

40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

NL East was awful lol. One series doesn’t change that. 

The Central was 84-80 overall against the East, but the Reds were the only team that had a clear cut advantage vs them (7 games over .500)...The Braves we're 10 games over .500 vs the NL Central and the 2nd place Phillies were 6 games above...by contrast, your Cardinals were only 1 game over .500 vs the NL East...

In the 2nd half, the Pirates and the Cubs (after the selloff) were the 2 worst teams in the NL...

Doesn't matter I suppose...there's no NL Central teams left in the playoff...

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Mike Shildt out in St. Louis. Guess I didn't see that one coming....but maybe there was bigger problems behind the scenes.

I’m shocked. He still had a year left on his deal. He wasn’t amazing but the timing surprised me. Fired for “philosophical differences” whatever the hell that means. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Mike Shildt out in St. Louis. Guess I didn't see that one coming....but maybe there was bigger problems behind the scenes.

They really weren't that good this year until something that had about a 1% chance of happening miraculously happened over the last few weeks. This is why I laugh at people who say "you can't fire the coach when he just won such and such." Of course you can. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m shocked. He still had a year left on his deal. He wasn’t amazing but the timing surprised me. Fired for “philosophical differences” whatever the hell that means. 

His two full seasons he won 91 and 90 games.  He was like 41-28 his first season and was 31-29 last year.