2021 MLB Season

5fouls

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Griffey Jr set to join Mariners Ownership Group. I've never understood who actually owns the Mariners anymore....so many groups and people over the years including some Indy residents.

Anyway cool for Griffey Jr.

I thought Trident owned the Mariners?  Do they make chewing gum or pitchforks?

image.jpeg.dd455d5e1406d337137d17e6f087fda3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 10:38 PM, IU Scott said:

I have to wonder how baseball will get the younger generation to watch the games.  The game is already at 3 hours and 20 minutes and just starting the 8th inning.  With them starting games at 8:15 and games taking so long, kids don't get a chance to watch playoff games 

This is very true.

My grandson is a freshman in HS. He is trying out for the team. On Tues. night, the varsity baseball coach invited everyone to watch the first game outside on the baseball field. My grandson went and had a good time, although he wasn't able to stay for the whole game.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

@IU Scott Hope you're not watching the World Series.

Nope, just got home but I heard the two guys on the Pacers post game ripping the game of baseball.  It is a joke that in a 1-0 game in the 8th inning there has been 9;pitchers used. Braves had a no hitter through 7 and they have used 4 pitchers.

This game is already at 3 hours and 15 minutes in the 8th in a 1-0 game.  Baseball will keep losing more and more fans with how th game is played and how much down time there is in the game.

I remember Tom Browning's perfect game which was also 1-0 took off nder two hours to play.  In 91 game 7 which was a 10 inning game and 1-0 only had 3 pitchers used.

Atlanta Braves winning it all would be so on point for our country.

On one hand they beat an organization that has the biggest asterisk next to it's name in sports history....otoh MLB's commissioner yanked the All Star game from Atlanta....only to have their fans doing their tomahawk chop chant all game long while thousands of the blue checkmark brigade on twitter say how racist they are.

This series is so America in 2021. Haha.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 9:31 AM, Seeking6 said:

Atlanta Braves winning it all would be so on point for our country.

On one hand they beat an organization that has the biggest asterisk next to it's name in sports history....otoh MLB's commissioner yanked the All Star game from Atlanta....only to have their fans doing their tomahawk chop chant all game long while thousands of the blue checkmark brigade on twitter say how racist they are.

This series is so America in 2021. Haha.

I don't know how the rest of you feel...but to me Houston, for whatever reason/s, comes across as a bunch of arrogant pricks.  That Brantley shows emotion like a rock in my soybean field.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know how the rest of you feel...but to me Houston, for whatever reason/s, comes across as a bunch of arrogant pricks.  That Brantley shows emotion like a rock in my soybean field.  

I'm torn. I don't mind arrogance but agree on the pricks part. Not many likeable guys on that team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rico said:

Agree...I do like Dusty, but they have some prima donna's on that team...

The fan base is actually ok...most of them acknowledge the cheating, and when we go to games everyone is there for the fun...last time we went when the Cubs were in town and won, everybody was fist bumping me and my wife and saying "good game."

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, IU Scott said:

I have to wonder how baseball will get the younger generation to watch the games.  The game is already at 3 hours and 20 minutes and just starting the 8th inning.  With them starting games at 8:15 and games taking so long, kids don't get a chance to watch playoff games 

I don't know why every playoff game has to start after 8 p.m. The NFL and NBA have playoff games in the early afternoon on weekends. 

27 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I don't know why every playoff game has to start after 8 p.m. The NFL and NBA have playoff games in the early afternoon on weekends. 

$$$$_$$$$$$$$$$

MLB is going to lose more and more fans with starting games so late.  Most feel that baseball is not real entertaining anyways so they need to do something about the pace of play.