2021 MLB Season

5fouls

11 minutes ago, rico said:

If Kyle can just shake that injury bug I truly believe he will be a 500+ HR guy for his career.  

Wonder what the lowest lifetime batting average is for a 500+ home run guy? Right now, Kyle is at .236...

Looked it up...Harmon Killebrew at .256...highest is Teddy Ballgame at .344...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, rico said:

I looked it up(curious) and it is Harmon Killebrew at .256

I was looking at the roster for the 1969 Twins...3 HoFers (Killebrew, Carew, and Kaat) and how in the hell Tony Olivia is not in there is beyond me...

3x batting champ, lifetime .306 average, RoY, 8x all star, Gold Glove...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

If Kyle can just shake that injury bug I truly believe he will be a 500+ HR guy for his career.  

I mean... is the biggest Pro star from IU currently? I think so. He was an all star this past year and Oladipo let stardom get to him. He puts up 40HRs easy, I think, without the injuries. 

Can't forget.. that injury was basically during an incredible set of games he had going. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean... is the biggest Pro star from IU currently? I think so. He was an all star this past year and Oladipo let stardom get to him. He puts up 40HRs easy, I think, without the injuries. 

Can't forget.. that injury was basically during an incredible set of games he had going. 

Per B-R(Baseball-Reference), Kyle averages 38 HRs for a 162 game schedule.  He needs those injuries to go away and pick up that career BA 30+ points.

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

To me... that's exactly what you're doing, you're just doing it out of the 9 hole. It's hard to explain how good KS has been in the lead off. 

Nice article (from 2015) on when Joe Maddon started changing things up back in 2013 with advice/tips from LaRussa. Historically 2 of the best the game has. I'll side with their logic every single day.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/13004137/why-manager-joe-maddon-bats-pitcher-eighth-chicago-cubs-lineup

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Teams do when they can. Those speed guys have to be able to hit and get on base too. 

Yeah, I know...

But I've always thought speed on the bases put more pressure on the defense...

And I'm wondering if today's emphasis on power hasn't gotten some of the speed guys with modest power mired in the minor leagues no matter what their OBP is...

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I know...

But I've always thought speed on the bases put more pressure on the defense...

And I'm wondering if today's emphasis on power hasn't gotten some of the speed guys with modest power mired in the minor leagues no matter what their OBP is...

This list shows guys sprint speeds and home to first times. A lot of the top guys just aren't good hitters or they have to much power and RBI production to bat lead off. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/sprint_speed?year=2021&position=&team=&min=10&sort=6&sortDir=asc

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This list shows guys sprint speeds and home to first times. A lot of the top guys just aren't good hitters or they have to much power and RBI production to bat lead off. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/sprint_speed?year=2021&position=&team=&min=10&sort=6&sortDir=asc

@btownqb is lobbying for Schwarber to lead off, and he's definitely a power/RBI guy... So it would seem in today's game and with that way of thinking it would be the ultimate for a power hitter with speed to be at the top of a lineup... 

Edited by IUFLA