2021 MLB Season

5fouls

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never a bad time to see Molina perform amateur hour to the best. Couldn't catch the hook and makes a poor throw to allow another run. Somewhere our friend is reading this and will either chime in.....or give it 8 minutes and chime in. 

Glad I’m on your mind on a Friday night lol. Ehh even HOF’ers make mistakes. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Glad I’m on your mind on a Friday night lol. Ehh even HOF’ers make mistakes. 

All good. I'm surprised it took 4 minutes for the response from a Purdue fan on an IU board. I knew the delay was intentional....but still couldn't help yourself. My guess is Cubs pen will blow this lead. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All good. I'm surprised it took 4 minutes for the response from a Purdue fan on an IU board. I knew the delay was intentional....but still couldn't help yourself. My guess is Cubs pen will blow this lead. 

I haven’t even posted that much here lately. Knew it was Cubs/Cards weekend and wanted to see what people were talking about. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I'm headed up to GABP today.  That means the Reds will lose.  Especially since a Reds batter hit 3 home runs last night.  Last time I went to a game, Aquino had hit 3 homers the night before.  Cubs drilled the Reds the next day.  Winker hits 3 homers last night.  Should mean an easy Brewer victory today.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I was flipping through old player highlight videos on YouTube last night...watched one of Mike Schmidt and it included him dropping down a bunt single to start a late inning rally.  I had to laugh.  How the game has changed.

Maybe it's just me but I always feel like Schmidt is forgotten about when speaking about all timers. Similar to Eddie Murray. 

Yankees turned a rare triple play late in a game last night against the White Sox. Happened in the top of the 9th inning and they had runners on first and second, no thanks to Chapman. But the Yankees won the game in the bottom of the 9th with a walk-off base hit by Gleyber Torres 2-1!

What a week, first the no-hitter by Kluber and now last nights game!

Go Yanks

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it's just me but I always feel like Schmidt is forgotten about when speaking about all timers. Similar to Eddie Murray. 

18 years with Philadelphia...548 hrs...1595 rbis...a very good all around player both offensively and defensively.  Murray is a good comparison.

Edited by jv1972iu

8 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

18 years with Philadelphia...548 hrs...1595 rbis...a very good all around player both offensively and defensively.  Murray is a good comparison.

548 legit home runs and for some reason I just never put him up there in my mind as one of the all time greats....even though he is.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

548 legit home runs and for some reason I just never put him up there in my mind as one of the all time greats....even though he is.

He was blue collar...but led the National League in hrs 8 times.  He always scared me when he came up to bat.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm headed up to GABP today.  That means the Reds will lose.  Especially since a Reds batter hit 3 home runs last night.  Last time I went to a game, Aquino had hit 3 homers the night before.  Cubs drilled the Reds the next day.  Winker hits 3 homers last night.  Should mean an easy Brewer victory today.  

Looks like you got to see a good game...