2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Ross already been run because Angel Hernandez 2.0 Erich Bacchus wants a turn on the national stage. Ross being mic'd up was funny. Rookie ump falling for Yadi moving 2-3 pitches 3-4 inches is comical. Time for autozone for me. Tired of umps influencing games. I'll deal with whatever the fallout is from the tradition of the game.

Interesting strike zone stat to keep an eye on. Wainwright had 31 called strikes tonight. Most for any MLB pitcher this year. 

It's baseball. I get it. Cubs blow Cards out in game 1....Cards win last night and tonight it's down to one at bat or pitch...but when you look at the standings come September 18th remember the random game in late May. Bad strike zones matter.

Edited by Seeking6

The reds are a mess and their lack of young talent in their orginization is showing.  With Denzel, Moose and Votto out you have guys like Schrock and Blandino as replacements.

Also they only have 3 guys who are hitting with Winker, Costellanos and Naquin and the rest are not doing great.  Also I don't like having Winker and Costellanos as the 1 and 2 batters in the lineup. Especially in the NL where the bottom of the lineups are not very good   You want runners on base when those two comes up but being at the top of the lineup it doesn't happen.  Winker has 6 HR in the last 5 games but only 7 RBI

Edited by IU Scott

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hate losing a very winnable game. Leaving bases loses with no outs doesn’t win ballgames. Oh well... still the best team in an average division. 

I would say the Cubs are the best team in the average division...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The reds are a mess and their lack of young talent in their orginization is showing.  With Denzel, Moose and Votto out you have guys like Schrock and Blandino as replacements.

Also they only have 3 guys who are hitting with Winker, Costellanos and Naquin and the rest are not doing great.  Also I don't like having Winker and Costellanos as the 1 and 2 batters in the lineup. Especially in the NL where the bottom of the lineups are not very good   You want runners on base when those two comes up but being at the top of the lineup it doesn't happen.  Winker has 6 HR in the last 5 games but only 7 RBI

Have you seen what Garcia is doing in the minors?  Greene?  There is talent down there.

Tucker and Tyler are having good years at the plate.

Pitching is the Reds downfall...a team ERA north of 5 ain't gonna win a division let alone get ya in the play-offs.

One more stat from last night. Home plate umpire Bacchus had 83.3% on correct calls when Ross was tossed. That was lowest in baseball so far this season. By end of game it moved up to 85% which still made it 6th lowest.

Judging by Ross post game comments they knew about ump before the game....and credit to Wainright/Yadi for taking advantage of it as well. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One more stat from last night. Home plate umpire Bacchus had 83.3% on correct calls when Ross was tossed. That was lowest in baseball so far this season. By end of game it moved up to 85% which still made it 6th lowest.

Judging by Ross post game comments they knew about ump before the game....and credit to Wainright/Yadi for taking advantage of it as well. 

💯

Screenshot_20210524-074914.thumb.png.d129e4438b49a642ff7917a6e3330d91.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I think he thought yesterday was the final day of the regular season.  Personally I think the Cubbies are rounding into shape.

But that brings about an interesting dilemma...

Bryant is having quite a year (10/28/.312)...Do the Cubs try to win this year, or at the trade deadline get what they can for Bryant and restock the farm system...

I think they'll trade him...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

Meh, injuries to multiple players.  Plenty of season left to right the ship or abandon it.

Injuries to position players.  The pitching staff has minimal injuries (Lorenzen being the only one of note), and is a total train wreck.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But that brings about an interesting dilemma...

Bryant is having quite a year (10/28/.312)...Do the Cubs try to win this year, or at the trade deadline get what they can for Bryant and restock the farm system...

I think they'll trade him...

It is quite the "Catch-22" that will be interesting to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I think he thought yesterday was the final day of the regular season.  Personally I think the Cubbies are rounding into shape.

Unfortunately Cards haven’t had a chance to round into shape. A third of the lineup was out last night and the pitching has some injuries.