2021 MLB Season

5fouls

39 minutes ago, rico said:

I truly do not understand how people get themselves in these situations.  I admittedly have a very easy-going personality, but even if I didn't, I would have to think I would know there is a line that should not be crossed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully Cubs finish off sweep today. Need every win we can get. After today next 17 are Padres (2x), Giants, Cards, and Mets. Toughest stretch of the year on paper.

The Reds are pathetic and are terrible at the fundamentals of the game.  First 2 runs were unearned and the 4 run 6th came from 4 walks and 2 hits.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds are pathetic and are terrible at the fundamentals of the game.  First 2 runs were unearned and the 4 run 6th came from 4 walks and 2 hits.

Maybe you or some of the other Reds fans can chime in on this statement. When I see them for a series I see several good parts but for some reason they just never seem to add up. Maybe it's just as simple as bad pitching?? 

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe you or some of the other Reds fans can chime in on this statement. When I see them for a series I see several good parts but for some reason they just never seem to add up. Maybe it's just as simple as bad pitching?? 

Right now they are down 3 starters in Votto, Moose and Senzel which shortens their lineup.  The front office didn't do a thing to upgrade the roster from last year.  They traded their closer in Inglesesias for about nothing.  They let Archie Bradley go do that was their two best bullpen guys from last year.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bad bullpen for the most part imo.  They could use a Scott Sullivan.

• Like 1

I'm not a Yankees guy but when the Cubs made the trade for Chapman and sent Gleyber Torres it obviously was a move that people will check back on over the years. Seems Yankee fans have turned on him....and his .264 average, 2 HR's,etc...

Obviously things can change but at least we got the title. I don't think GT is going to be a Yankee much longer. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not a Yankees guy but when the Cubs made the trade for Chapman and sent Gleyber Torres it obviously was a move that people will check back on over the years. Seems Yankee fans have turned on him....and his .264 average, 2 HR's,etc...

Obviously things can change but at least we got the title. I don't think GT is going to be a Yankee much longer. 

I would assume the Yanks are after a #2 starter?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rico said:

I would assume the Yanks are after a #2 starter?

I would assume as well.....because little old no payroll Tampa just keeps winning. 16 of 17. MLB best 35-20. I'd like to find out who is in charge of the talent evaluation game down there and bring them to the North Side. Absolutely year in and out the best records with least $....

• Like 1

Don't understand managers. Watching the Reds and Phillies and the Reds up 11-1 in the bottom of the 8th. With two outs and no one on the Phillies manager makes a pitching change.  Why in the world would there be a reason to make a switch there.

Today the Reds have had to u likely heros today.

Kyle Farmer- 3-4 HR,Double, single 5 RBI.

Matt Schrock- 3-4 HR, Triple, Double 3 RBI

Edited by IU Scott

53 games in....and didn't think I would be typing your 1st place Chicago Cubs. Trade away a Cy Young pitcher in Darvish. Slash payroll.....I don't know but I'll keep saying what I said a few weeks ago. Anyone finishing behind this operation has some splaining to do to their fans.

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why in the world would there be a reason to make a switch there.

Sometimes they just want to get a guy some work in a live game...especially if the game is a lost cause...

Looked it up...Neris is their closer, and hadn't worked since the 27th...There ya go...

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why not just let him start the inning

He got 11 pitches...maybe that's all Girardi thought he needed...don't want to overwork the closer...might need him for a whole inning tomorrow...

The guy before him, David Hale, hadn't pitched since the 20th, so he needed some work too...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

53 games in....and didn't think I would be typing your 1st place Chicago Cubs. Trade away a Cy Young pitcher in Darvish. Slash payroll.....I don't know but I'll keep saying what I said a few weeks ago. Anyone finishing behind this operation has some splaining to do to their fans.

Looking to me like the Cubs management knew what they were doing.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I would assume as well.....because little old no payroll Tampa just keeps winning. 16 of 17. MLB best 35-20. I'd like to find out who is in charge of the talent evaluation game down there and bring them to the North Side. Absolutely year in and out the best records with least $....

The Rays have the best organization in baseball. Have now won 9 of last 10 at Yankee Stadium, while rest of league is 12-36 over the same period. In playoffs and World Series last year, they faced the Yanks and Dodgers, both with 4 times the payroll, beating the Yanks and taking 2 of 6 against the Dodgers. Their pitching is great and they don’t beat themselves 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He got 11 pitches...maybe that's all Girardi thought he needed...don't want to overwork the closer...might need him for a whole inning tomorrow...

The guy before him, David Hale, hadn't pitched since the 20th, so he needed some work too...

Well people complain about the pace of baseball and these unnecessary pitching changes are part of the problem

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well people complain about the pace of baseball and these unnecessary pitching changes are part of the problem

Some people complain...I've never understood the rationale though...it was ok for 100 years, now the games take too long...

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Some people complain...I've never understood the rationale though...it was ok for 100 years, now the games take too long...

It is not the length of the game that is the problem but the pace of it.  There is just to much dead time in the game for people to keep their attention.  Between all the walks and K's and pitching changes a lot of people won't watch the whole game