2021 MLB Season

5fouls

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well the Stankees are sure trying my fandom.

A couple of weeks ago, they were in the AL East fight. Now? They've are on a terrible losing streak, no thanks to Aroldis (washed up), Chapman. A few nights ago the Yanks had a 3 run lead against the LA Angels. In comes Chapman, and what does he do? Walks the first 3 batters and gives up a grand slam HR! The Angels scored like 9 runs in the inning to win 11-8.

Then yesterday he comes in against the Mets and is the losing pitcher!

Chappy to the Reds?

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well the Stankees are sure trying my fandom.

A couple of weeks ago, they were in the AL East fight. Now? They've are on a terrible losing streak, no thanks to Aroldis (washed up), Chapman. A few nights ago the Yanks had a 3 run lead against the LA Angels. In comes Chapman, and what does he do? Walks the first 3 batters and gives up a grand slam HR! The Angels scored like 9 runs in the inning to win 11-8.

Then yesterday he comes in against the Mets and is the losing pitcher!

Been keeping my eye on Maddon's  team. Only 5.5 out of wild card, above .500 all the while not having the best player in the game. Pretty good job so far.

Man the Reds bats are asleep again to start this game in KC.  It is 1-1 going to the bottom of the 4th and the Refs only have two hits.  It seems like they are making bad pitchers look like Cy Young a lot lately.  Mike Minor came in the game with a 5.6 ERA and in the month of June it was 6.5.

Both Winker and Castellanos are both on huge slumps of late.  Castellanos had went from .361 to .335

Edited by IU Scott

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Man the Reds bats are asleep again to start this game in KC.  It is 1-1 going to the bottom of the 4th and the Refs only have two hits.  It seems like they are making bad pitchers look like Cy Young a lot lately.  Mike Minor came in the game with a 5.6 ERA and in the month of June it was 6.5.

Both Winker and Castellanos are both on huge slumps of late.  Castellanos had went from .361 to .335

Lighten up Francis.  Just win baby!

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What's that strange looking number to start the batting averages? Looks like a 3. Haven't seen one of those in 5 years. Just curious. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

What's that strange looking number to start the batting averages? Looks like a 3. Haven't seen one of those in 5 years. Just curious. 

I got a chance to talk to the biggest Cub fan I know over the holiday week-end.  Aside from understandably being pissed about his Cubbies he agrees with you about the purge.  His opinion is that Rizzo should be the first to go.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I got a chance to talk to the biggest Cub fan I know over the holiday week-end.  Aside from understandably being pissed about his Cubbies he agrees with you about the purge.  His opinion is that Rizzo should be the first to go.

My order would be something like this.

1) Heyward can't play everyday again here. Trade him for anything because they'll have to cover a good chunk of his salary. He's just not good in Chicago. Maybe a fresh start but for us...he needs to be sat. 

2) Kimbrel is next because he's probably holding the most trade value as playoff contenders start to figure out what they need.

3) Rizzo. You don't resign aging guys unless it's a very good number. 

After this is gets tricky for me.

4) Bryant....if you can get a good haul for him. Wish his average didn't drop as much this past month...but he still holds a ton of talent/trade value. 

5) Contreras and Baez are tough ones to figure out. Defensively they are some of the best going. We've got young arms coming up in the farm system and would like to keep Contreras around for them. Baez? Best defensive SS in the game who refuses to change his approach. Contract coming up....probably best to move him too.

Release Happ too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

1) Heyward can't play everyday again here. Trade him for anything because they'll have to cover a good chunk of his salary. He's just not good in Chicago. Maybe a fresh start but for us...he needs to be sat. 

2) Kimbrel is next because he's probably holding the most trade value as playoff contenders start to figure out what they need.

4) Bryant....if you can get a good haul for him. Wish his average didn't drop as much this past month...but he still holds a ton of talent/trade value. 

5) Contreras and Baez are tough ones to figure out. Defensively they are some of the best going. We've got young arms coming up in the farm system and would like to keep Contreras around for them. Baez? Best defensive SS in the game who refuses to change his approach. Contract coming up....probably best to move him too.

Release Happ too. 

Heyward would be the first guy I would get rid of.  Then Rizzo.  The rest can stay.  Just a Reds' fan's opinion.

• Like 1

The Refs bullpen had went 16 innings without giving up a run but ate about to blow a big leaf to KC. They were up.6-1 going to the 8th but Perez gave up a 3 run homer. In the 9th Brach has given up 1 run and KC has runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.  Suarez had a huge error on a ground ball that should have been a DP.  He now had 15 errors

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

KC wins 7-6 and that is totally unacceptable.  Up 6-1 in the 8tj against one of the worst teams in baseball.  In the 9th they had a walk, a HBP and 2 errors that really helped KC.

Defense gave the game away.  The Reds can't afford losses like this.  Lace 'em up and get back in the groove.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Although Dickie Knowles and Tug McGraw were kind of shaky...

Haha. Yep. I have to joke now of how bad things have gone. With a loss today the Cubs can tie the 1925 Brooklyn Dodgers record of most losses after throwing a no hitter. We tied the 1880 Buffalo Bisons juggernaut last night. 

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Release Happ too. 

The Cubs are who we thought they were in preseason.

I agree with most of what you posted, except if you can sign Baez to long term deal for decent $ I would sign keep him (and Contreras) in the long term plans. You can always extend Contreras and trade him down the line or move him to outfield if one of the catching prospects develops into legit starting catching material.

We've already discussed this at great lengths the past few years, but they should have traded Bryant a long time ago for a haul...now I don't have the confidence that the front office will get much back in return...but they have to try. Otherwise, he most likely walks for nothing after the season with Borass representing him.

And I never understood why the front office always seemed to have so much confidence in Happ. He showed flashes, but also looked terrible for long stretches. Maybe they can trade him for plane fare out of town?

• Like 2