2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

Yeh they messed up on Robinson but they got tolan for Pinson.  To bad Tolan hurt his knee. Was never the same.   Wasn't Joe Morgan and Cesar Geronimo throw ins to Billingham and menke for Lee May and Helms. That trade worked out well.  They also got George foster from the giants for Frank Duffy. I think things primarily worked out well for their trades overall when building the Big Red Machine.  After that era, meh.

I think a lot people forget about the bad trades due to the success of the BRM.  But they virtually got nothing for Robinson, Perez, and Foster.

On the topic of the Cleveland Indians name change I really think this is beyond crazy. I am not Native American and maybe I am off base on this but I do not look at any of the professional team with Native American names as a sign of anything derogatory in any way. I would think it would be a source of pride, strength etc.. Once all of those teams go by what will the Native American people be knows for or thought about. Having a team named a certain way to me means that people that follow that team are taking pride.  Once again maybe I am wrong. When I think of the FSU Seminole I think of strength and warriors not a group of people exploited. Maybe I look at things wrong and why I am so over the cancel culture but this to me does not do anything positive for Native American Culture other than for the casual person to forget it ever or still exist. 

When will the state of Indiana change their name?? Its pride not exploitation

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On the topic of the Cleveland Indians name change I really think this is beyond crazy. I am not Native American and maybe I am off base on this but I do not look at any of the professional team with Native American names as a sign of anything derogatory in any way. I would think it would be a source of pride, strength etc.. Once all of those teams go by what will the Native American people be knows for or thought about. Having a team named a certain way to me means that people that follow that team are taking pride.  Once again maybe I am wrong. When I think of the FSU Seminole I think of strength and warriors not a group of people exploited. Maybe I look at things wrong and why I am so over the cancel culture but this to me does not do anything positive for Native American Culture other than for the casual person to forget it ever or still exist. 

Great post.  FSU is intimidating in their whole set up. Everything about it. 

My HS is the Braves. We were honored to be called that.. we thought it was very cool. It's also not something I'm going to feel ashamed for. 

The Indians had awesome uniforms. Smh.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well I do have Injun blood in me.  My great-great grandmother on my Mom's side was Cherokee. I have no problem with the nicknames or logos whatsoever.  This cancel culture BS needs to stop asap.  

And you are right.  Is Indiana supposed to change their name?

Chief Wahoo will live forever in my heart and soul.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

My HS is the Braves. We were honored to be called that.. we thought it was very cool. It's also not something I'm going to feel ashamed for. 

Native American would like to have the Braves name changed.

PETA: Diamondback, Orioles, Cubs, Tigers, Marlins, Cardinals, Rays, Blue Jays and Phillies changed 

Obviously the White and Red Sox, no place for that in Baseball

Anti Communist say get the REDS out of here

We need to get religion out of the game so see you Padres, Angels

All the rural people say to hell with the Metropolitians

Vertically challenged people can't stand fof the Giants

Prohibitionist need to see the Brewers changed.

Those without siblings are not going to tolerate those Twins

The fat out of shape guys like me don't want to se the Athletics.

Southerners are ticked about the Yankees

Those that are sea sick say get rid of the Mariners and the Pirates

All fans not of US decent say we cant get behind the Nationals

The lawbreakers want nothing to do with the Rangers

Those in the prairie and low lands will not support the Rockies

Those against the Monarchy want the Royals abdicated

No need for the Houston Astronomicals, for those against space exploration

Those in favor of the military and the draft cannot allow the Dodgers to stay 

Those against Marijuana need to see the Phillies extinguished

Your MLB world champions are the ... oh hell no one left. 

Sarcasm, TIC whatever you want to call it , but in this world today probably not too far fetched.

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I too, loved the Tribe's unis.  It is a travesty I say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well I do have Injun blood in me.  My great-great grandmother on my Mom's side was Cherokee. I have no problem with the nicknames or logos whatsoever.  This cancel culture BS needs to stop asap.  

And you are right.  Is Indiana supposed to change their name?

Chief Wahoo will live forever in my heart and soul.  

I have enjoyed many a conversation with my kids regarding historical events due to watching sports and the topics that can come up. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have enjoyed many a conversation with my kids regarding historical events due to watching sports and the topics that can come up. 

Like.. some of the reason I wanted to educate myself on some of our Native Americans heritage..... is because at a young age I saw the Chief at FSU, I saw other parts of their "culture" that truly intrigued me. Wigwam in Anderson was another reason. I loved the head dresses, I thought they were fantasizing. We aren't mocking their culture, truly, we are celebrating it by integrating into our lives. We love it. Truly makes us a melting pot. 

"Those Braves from Brownstown are on the war path this coming Friday when they travel to Seymour and play in front of 3-4k people for the Jackson Bowl."

We run out to the war drums at home... tell me that s*** isn't cool... love it. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

We now have the Cleveland Guardians.  Seems close to Indians replacing the In with a Guar.

This is a name that could only be selected by a committee of Human Resource employees. If you are making a change, go with the Cleveland Cobras or something similar to sell merchandise. I lived in Cleveland in the 1980s. The unofficial motto was Cleveland- you gotta be tough. Guardians is a terrible fit

32 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is a name that could only be selected by a committee of Human Resource employees. If you are making a change, go with the Cleveland Cobras or something similar to sell merchandise. I lived in Cleveland in the 1980s. The unofficial motto was Cleveland- you gotta be tough. Guardians is a terrible fit

Cleveland Clinics?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The White Sox start a series with the Brewers today. For the first time in MLB history, there are five All-Star pitchers starting in 1 series. Kind of cool. Is this a World Series preview?

Shew..  Brewers are going to only have to beat one team from the West. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Cards down a run last night with 2 outs in the 9th.  They send Adam Wainwright up as a pinch hitter instead of future HOF Yadier Molina.  :coffee:

On a side note, I will be in GABP tonight.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I will be there Sunday

Nothing like fun at the old ballpark!