2021 MLB Season

5fouls

4 hours ago, rico said:

In 73 and other years in the 60s and 70s, the excuse was always "too many day games." I always wondered if that was true... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds just have a lot of trouble getting big hits lately.  Had the bases loaded and one out and can't score.  Suarez once again can't produce when runners ate in scoring position.

Eugenio "the rally killer" Suarez?

Totally pathetic it is now 5-3 with two outs and the bases loaded.  The only two outs were a fly ball to the wall and a screamer down the third base line that Suarez caught.  It appeared to be a DP but the our at second was over turned.  Now we are being in another horrible pitcher in Doolittle.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Luis Castillos last 10 starts

63.1 IP 

12 ER

1.71 ERA 

Reds are 6-4 in those games. In 3 of the 4 losses he was very good. Incredible streak. 

Until last night he had been the victim of 3 straight blown saves...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win 5-3 and Hembree with 1,2,3 9th inning for the save.  Now have won 6 in a row vs the Cards.

No clue if it's common or not but winning 6 in a row like that vs division opponent has to be rare except vs the Pirates. Hope you guys get 7 today. Only 5.5 out of the wild card. I've been relegated to cheering players for the rest of the season and Castellanos is one of my favorites. 

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@Seeking6.  A story I thought you might enjoy.

https://www.mlb.com/news/most-untouchable-player-for-every-team

Cubs: Ian Happ, OF
Happ is a young hitter on cost control, and maybe the face of the Cubs after this offseason, depending on what all goes down.

Will Leitch (whoever he is) should never write another story on sports if he thinks Ian Happ could be our face of the franchise. If I was GM he would have had his walking papers last April. Perfect example of a player so frozen by his own brain because of data/analytics,etc.....he can't swing freely. 

• Like 1