2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Reds management are so inept.  They did not do one thing to upgrade the roster from last year and actually got worse.  Their defense is probably the worst in baseball because they probably go 4 or 5 guys that should be a DH out in the field  Everyone knew they needed to go out and make a move for a proven SS but what do they do is move a bad defensive 3rd baseman and move him to SS.  Votto defense at 1st base is a joke and he has had 2 plays he didn't make that has to be made.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You told me the Reds would have scored 4 runs in 4 innings against Flaherty the Reds would be in good shape.  If the Refs could have scored like this in the playoffs last year they would had advanced

Watch.  They will lose 1-0 on Saturday.

Yankees started the season by losing to the Jays 3-2 in 10 innings. Yanks had a leadoff double in the bottom of the 9th and both Stanton and Judge looked foolish striking out. DJ hit a weak ground ball to end the inning. On the other hand, the Jays did what good teams are supposed to do, got the timely hit to push across the winning run in their top of the 10th.

As a Yankee fan, I've seen this all too often......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Ross on the hot seat?

Haha. Can't blame him. Same core group is doing the same thing they've done for a couple seasons. I'll give it my 35-40 games to make a true assessment but Cubs play Pirates 12 times in first 55. It's kind of like in the Big 10 hoops season...if  you don't sweep Nebraska and Northwestern you might be in trouble.

• Like 1

As far as the Reds are concerned, other than the poor starting pitching, little league baserunning errors, lack of clutch hitting, horrendous infield defense, and dumb decision making from the managerial/coaching staff, I was pleased with opening day.  

Only 1 game back in the standings!

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

As far as the Reds are concerned, other than the poor starting pitching, little league baserunning errors, lack of clutch hitting, horrendous infield defense, and dumb decision making from the managerial/coaching staff, I was pleased with opening day.  

Only 1 game back in the standings!

Mark it down.  April 2nd,2012.  As close to 1st as the Reds get the rest of the year.