2021 MLB Season

5fouls

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll take pitching. You take hitting... we'll see who wins in Oct. 

I dont think the Brewers are some ungodly great team, but in a 120 game season thus far... you can't compare the Reds and Brewers. MIL is significantly better up until this point. 

You 3 have just acted like because the bullpen isn't good that it doesn't effect the overall team's "ranking" or whatever you want to call it. Wins are wins and losses are losses. 

Btw.. that was the pitching they went up against last night.  

Screenshot_20210807-122644_Chrome.jpg

WTF?  Big time Reds fan you are I see.  

10 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

And he could hit too.  For a 21 year career, he had 363 hits, 57 doubles, 6 triples, 35 hrs and 189 rbis.  Like I said, it was a different era and each team had their memorable star players.   😊    Oh yeah... he served three years of military duty during WWII.

There were a few good hitting pitchers...Drysdale, Gibson, Earl Wilson...

Then there was Mickey Lolich who was a career .111 hitter, and hit the only HR of his career in the 1968 WS...talk about a lucky star that year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rico said:

WTF?  Big time Reds fan you are I see.  

I'm not lol 

If someone held a gun to my head and said who do you root for in the MLB... I'd say the Reds. I've never claimed to be a bug Reds fan haha 

I'm a bandwagon Reds fan. I'm only watching if they're playing well/in the hunt. 🤷‍♂️... too many games for me to be interested otherwise, plus I don't love pro baseball. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

One of the unbreakable records in sports...

If you won 25 games twenty years in a row, you'd still be 11 short...

And the last guy to win 25 or better (27) was Bob Welch in 1990 I think

I say the complete game record is safe because there are very few in baseball today.  When they were speaking about JR Richards they said in the 78 and 79 seasons he combined for 38 complete games.  Today there are probably not that many for the whole league in a season

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Does Farmer get resigned? I feel like if you can get him 2 years at any sort of value..  you jump all over that. 

Maybe I'm wrong. He's been solid though. 

Yes.  The Reds should re-sign Farmer.  Don't think they should promise him a starting role, but give him a change to earn it gain.

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Does Farmer get resigned? I feel like if you can get him 2 years at any sort of value..  you jump all over that. 

Maybe I'm wrong. He's been solid though. 

Yes.  The Reds should re-sign Farmer.  Don't think they should promise him a starting role, but give him a change to earn it gain.