2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Does Farmer get resigned? I feel like if you can get him 2 years at any sort of value..  you jump all over that. 

Maybe I'm wrong. He's been solid though. 

I think he is still under the Reds control for a couple more years.

Edited by IU Scott

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Awesome. Lol it sucks. 

Well I guess you can't have everything thing you like in sports.  I know there are many changes over the years that I hate but nobody cares what I think.  I find it funny that the younger generation thinks that sports or traditions should change just because they don't like it.  Things that had worked and doesn't need fixed in sports shouldn't just be changed because some don't like it.

Edited by IU Scott

Who decided that 100 pitches is the magic number to take a pitcher out.  There is no way pitchers will ever be able to complete games with not being able to go over 100 pitches.  I know there is more media attention media attention about injuries but it seems like pitchers today have way more injuries.  It seems line when they started babying pitchers is when the arm injuries increased.

Edited by IU Scott

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I guess you can't have everything thing you like in sports.  I know there are many changes over the years that I hate but nobody cares what I think.  I find it funny that the younger generation thinks that sports or traditions should change just because they don't like it.  Things that had worked and doesn't need fixed in sports shouldn't just be changed because some don't like it.

Literally zero to do with my age 🤣

11 minutes ago, rico said:

And that is why the Reds should trade him.  There really is no spot for him anymore even in a utility role.  Trade while he has value I say.

I wouldn't yet until you see if Berrios is ready to be a full time starter at SS.  The Reds are starting to get some young players to produce.  They have 3 guys right now that should be up for roomie of the year in India, Stevens and Gutierrez.  Also with Berries, Green and Ladolo at AAA they should be ready in the next year.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't yet until you see if Berrios is ready to be a full time starter at SS.  The Reds are starting to get some young players to produce.  They have 3 guys right now that should be up for roomie of the year in India, Stevens and Gutierrez.  Also with Berries, Green and Ladolo at AAA they should be ready in the next year.

Trade Farmer...

Just now, IU Scott said:

Be interesting in the next two weeks for the Reds roster with Senzel, Sims and Antone all coming back.  I would think Brach and Doolittle would be the most obvious guys to be let go  I don't know what position player would be sent down when Senzel comes back.

Well since Brach just gave up a two run homer he definitely needs to go.

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not a fan of the guy on 2nd in extras

it's grown on me.  I thought it was the stupidest thing ever when it was first introduced.  But, it does end games a lot quicker.  There is no doubt about that.  For that reason alone, I've began to like it.  I do think it is totally unfair if tje pitcher takes the 'L' because of it.  I realize the run is counted as unearned, but a 'L' is a 'L' regardless.  

• Like 1