2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, rico said:

Just saw that this year's AS game has been taken away from Atlanta.

It hasn't been the marquee event it was for years in quite some time...Another one of those things they kept trying to fix til they broke it in my book...

Just another reason for me not to watch it...

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I absolutely LOVE the start of baseball season.  Direct TV has the 'free preview' where you get to see all the games for a week.  I really enjoy getting a look at teams that I would not otherwise see much of during the season.

I guess yesterday took so much out of the Reds and Cardinals that they had to take today off

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess yesterday took so much out of the Reds and Cardinals that they had to take today off

Most Big League teams did.  I think there is only about 6 games being played today. and one of those is the makeup of yesterday's rainout in Boston.

I think a lot of teams do it in case there is a weather cancellation.  that way, you make it up today so the same fans can experience 'Opening Day'.  Otherwise, if you have a game scheduled, it's a different set of fans, and those that paid a premium for opening day don't get to experience it.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That was a LONG time ago lol. 

Well, when you are talking about the best EVER, you have to include all history.  

And, for the record, as long as there are those of us that remember Johnny Bench in his prime, it's not ancient history.  As a Cards fan, do you ignore the accomplishments of Stan Musial just because you didn't see him play? 

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, when you are talking about the best EVER, you have to include all history.  

And, for the record, as long as there are those of us that remember Johnny Bench in his prime, it's not ancient history.  As a Cards fan, do you ignore the accomplishments of Stan Musial just because you didn't see him play? 

Of course not. I just said I think Reds fans would’ve loved to have had Yadi the last 15 years. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Love Castellanos. Still ticked Cubs let him walk because of their own mismanagement. Zero problem with what he did yesterday either.

I love baseball players that have an edge to them.  Much like you with Castellanos, I hated that the Reds were unable to keep Trevor Bauer.  Baseball at it's best has rivalries.  Hoping that the Reds can remain relevant this season.  If so, when the Reds & Cardinals play a couple of series in late August and mid-September, it should be a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I love baseball players that have an edge to them.  Much like you with Castellanos, I hated that the Reds were unable to keep Trevor Bauer.  Baseball at it's best has rivalries.  Hoping that the Reds can remain relevant this season.  If so, when the Reds & Cardinals play a couple of series in late August and mid-September, it should be a lot of fun. 

All day long. It also seems (and I enjoy it as a baseball fan) Reds/Cards been jawing at each other for years....and I'll take 9 Nick C's on my team. His brief time in Chicago showed me how much he loves baseball and competition.