LFG

Big week(s) ahead.  Win next two and in.  Hopefully win 3 of next 4.   Or at least 2 of next 3 to get them in. 

Let’s get behind these kids.   Archie is 90% here next year anyway - so for the “lose out crowd” ... F that. Next year is likely Judgement Day.      I actually think this group can do it for some reason.   All it takes is one sometimes.   

Back is up against the wall. Down a stud.   Bring it fellas!  LFG!

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Honest question. Other than just loyalty to the team/coach and wanting them to win out, why do you think this team can do it.  What about this team tells you they can step up, play hard every single minute and win 2 on the road?  I genuinely would like to know.

Fair question.  Do I think it’s probable? Probably Not.  Possible - yes. 

This team has responded best with its back up against the wall - like game 1 vs Iowa. 

Archie has fared well vs Izzo.  MSU has had like 6 games in 4 days.    

Purdue will be tough.   But water hopefully finds its level and IU is overdue.  

Then have to probably play Maryland.  

Actually didn’t hate the effort vs Michigan.  They are a top 3 team for a reason.    

I know nothing points to this team pulling it off ... but that’s why I feel like they actually can - they always do the exact opposite.  

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We haven't won 3 games I'm a row in conference for the last 2 years.  I don't see it happening this week

I think they just need 2 of 3.  If it were Michigan and O$U and Michigan again - I’d be way more concerned. 

Also - MSU plays Michigan twice after us.  Hopefully looking ahead?!

Just now, Bustout said:

I think they just need 2 of 3.  If it were Michigan and O$U and Michigan again - I’d be worried.  

I think we need 3 more wins to get into the tournament.  I don't see us getting in at 14-13

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think we need 3 more wins to get into the tournament.  I don't see us getting in at 14-13

I think IU is a top 68 team - no brainer.  I realize it doesn’t work that way ... but 14-13 imo, given their schedule and conference- gets them in.   

18 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I think they just need 2 of 3.  If it were Michigan and O$U and Michigan again - I’d be way more concerned. 

I doubt they’re looking ahead since they need every win they can just to get in. 

22 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Fair question.  Do I think it’s probable? Probably Not.  Possible - yes. 

This team has responded best with its back up against the wall - like game 1 vs Iowa. 

Archie has fared well vs Izzo.  MSU has had like 6 games in 4 days.    

Purdue will be tough.   But water hopefully finds its level and IU is overdue.  

Then have to probably play Maryland.  

Actually didn’t hate the effort vs Michigan.  They are a top 3 team for a reason.    

I know nothing points to this team pulling it off ... but that’s why I feel like they actually can - they always do the exact opposite.  

First that’s at least a reasonable attempt to answer. Seriously.

Second, when I saw the thread titled “LFG” I wondered what that stood for and my first knee jerk was “Let F&#%ing GO!” Like of the season.

I have to admit my knee jerk probably encompasses more of how I’m feeling about the home stretch here as a fan. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Second, when I saw the thread titled “LFG” I wondered what that stood for and my first knee jerk was “Let F&#%ing GO!” Like of the season.

I have to admit my knee jerk probably encompasses more of how I’m feeling about the home stretch here as a fan. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It doesn't stand for Lets F(*&ing Go?

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I doubt they’re looking ahead since they need every win they can just to get in. 

I mean. Correct.  They are not.   But they have two games with Michigan right after IU ... pretty sure they know that too ... it’d be like IU/Purdue back to back. 

14 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I meant it at Let’s f#€*ing Go ... so LFG!!!

I’m thinking these kids are up to the test.  They’ve won in East Lansing before - so it’s not like going into Ann Arbor  

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No team has ever gotten an at large bid at 1 game over .500

Also.  They are in a lot of projected brackets as of today. Winning any combo of two of the next three is solid - it’s not like they’d beat Nebraska.  

Also - common sense tells u they are a top 68 team.  Ur telling me teams like Colorado St and South Dakota would have the same record with IUs schedule?!   Come on ... I don’t even know where those schools are 

9 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Also.  They are in a lot of projected brackets as of today. Winning any combo of two of the next three is solid - it’s not like they’d beat Nebraska.  

Also - common sense tells u they are a top 68 team.  Ur telling me teams like Colorado St and South Dakota would have the same record with IUs schedule?!   Come on ... I don’t even know where those schools are 

It has nothing to do with being a top 68 teams but one of the top 37 for at larges bids.  Will also hope that there are no huge upsets in the conference tournaments.  You have a team like Belmont which was 20- 1 and if they lose in their conference tournament they deserve to be in over a .500 team in a large conference

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It has nothing to do with being a top 68 teams but one of the top 37 for at larges bids.  Will also hope that there are no huge upsets in the conference tournaments.  You have a team like Belmont which was 20- 1 and if they lose in their conference tournament they deserve to be in over a .500 team in a large conference

Yes.  As I said - I realize it doesn’t work that way.   But - If on the bubble .... they should get the nod over schools like Colorado St and South Dakota for example. 

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Yes.  As I said - I realize it doesn’t work that way.   But - If on the bubble .... they should get the nod over schools like Colorado St and South Dakota for example. 

Probably a mute point because I think we will go 0-3.

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Yup. And honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Covid knocks out a team or two. 

Well they won't replace teams unless it is over 48 hours before the tournament.  Also say the champion of a one bid league has to withdrawal they will take another team from that league.  Once they have the draw they can't change seedings and once the tournament starts they will not replace teams

Archived