Losing great members, Mile etc....

This season has taken a another epic downturn. I cannot help but combine these losses with the loss of great leaders in both Mile and Crester, add in a missing HTD and it’s becoming unbearable. Never been a strong poster, but ive read since the 3rd site ago and I can’t ever remember not seeing a live game thread. 

I miss Miles calming effect- everyone does. 

18 minutes ago, H00sier said:

This season has taken a another epic downturn. I cannot help but combine these losses with the loss of great leaders in both Mile and Crester, add in a missing HTD and it’s becoming unbearable. Never been a strong poster, but ive read since the 3rd site ago and I can’t ever remember not seeing a live game thread. 

I agree. Heads up the game threads got moved to its our forum . I miss them much more for our talks about things other than basketball.  I also found myself rooting for the Nuggets to honor Mile 

24 minutes ago, H00sier said:

The game thread got moved to it's own forum.  Many were confused at first.  

Thanks fellas, I was beyond worried not seeing the live game thread, I know it’s hard on all of us. Having never met Mile and only chatted with him 3-4 times over the last 15 years or so, I find it very interesting thinking of him in personal life. Example would be worrying about my better half going down the steps to our first floor, since Miles accident I’ve become very conscious of her going up and down (she had a stroke 3 years ago, thankfully not massive, bad enough though)

weird 

It still doesn’t seem real.  Mile stuck up for me a lot on this forum and the previous ones as well.  He would always bring up when i got the Sampson buyout right on the other site.  He did have a calming effect on us all, like a father or grandfather I guess.  I still post a lot but it won’t ever be the same not sharing the PMs that he and I did.  I didn’t know CC as well but knew he was one of us and hated to hear of his passing.  We all disagree on a lot of things, even argue a bit but I would drink a beer and have a chat with any one of you on this board, any day of the week.

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

It still doesn’t seem real.  Mile stuck up for me a lot on this forum and the previous ones as well.  He would always bring up when i got the Sampson buyout right on the other site.  He did have a calming effect on us all, like a father or grandfather I guess.  I still post a lot but it won’t ever be the same not sharing the PMs that he and I did.  I didn’t know CC as well but knew he was one of us and hated to hear of his passing.  We all disagree on a lot of things, even argue a bit but I would drink a beer and have a chat with any one of you on this board, any day of the week.

I had PM’d MileHi several times. It’s odd and yet not odd that I’ll be driving down the road in my small Wisconsin town and will think of him now and then. And have no idea what he even looks like.

31 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I had PM’d MileHi several times. It’s odd and yet not odd that I’ll be driving down the road in my small Wisconsin town and will think of him now and then. And have no idea what he even looks like.

Just an FYI...one of the threads about his passing had a link to his obituary with his real name and had a photo of him.

41 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

He did not look like the picture in my mind. So odd that not a day goes by that I font think about him 

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He did not look like the picture in my mind. So odd that not a day goes by that I font think about him 

I do the same. I was getting ready to pack up some bluegill fillets and send them to him when he passed. We talked about it via p.m..

He was such a wonderful person and I considered him a good friend. 

Mile, you are always on my mind and are missed. I wish his family nothing but the best. 

I don’t post much, but am a super lurker for a long time, and I also find myself thinking about Mile I told my better half about his accident-brought him up again a couple days ago to her. She’s probably thinking I’m crazy to miss and think about a fellow I’ve passed three short messages with, and she’s right fans of teams are crazy, but this little corner of the public forum/message boards are as far from crazy as could be. A very special place, and I find myself a little sad that we’ve lost such longtime calming people. 

Archived