Michigan State Second Meeting Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

I remember 21 years ago a good friend told me Indiana Basketball will never be the same again and not even close to the same again. Boy was he ever prophetic. I thought to myself. We won't be the same but Indiana Basketball will remain Indiana Basketball. Was I ever wrong. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Surprising. 

Screenshot_20210302-070724_ESPN.jpg

It isn't really surprising to me to have it as almost a toss up.  Both teams kind of mirror each other in their ability to look pretty good one game and then kind of awful the next.

It is hard to say which team is going to show up for both programs this year.

5th game in 10 days for Sparty. I'll echo what I said yesterday. Anyway we can force the pace on this one on both ends is fine by me. We'll see if our D remembers that Sparty likes to swing the ball to the corner....hoist up a 3 and let it bounce on the rim 14x before falling in. 

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

Probably be one and done. NIT field is being reduced to 16 teams and being held in Texas. I am not so sure we would get an invite with the reduced field. 

Could you imagine 4 years ago thinking not only in year 4 we would not make tourney nor the NIT. OMG

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Could you imagine 4 years ago thinking not only in year 4 we would not make tourney nor the NIT. OMG

I was thinking the same thing. Also, could you ever imagine the women's team being so good and being rated while the men's team is a dumpster fire? 

Hopefully the men get their you know what together and start winning before I kick off. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

The lack of optimism is not fun to read here. We had msu last time with awful guard play and then fell asleep, we are more than capable to beat them. One game at a time!! Get the dub and move forward!

I agree. Just need to play aggressively. Play like rats in a cage. It's a season on the brink, so might as well play like it's your last game ever. 

I feel like IU is gonna win.  A lot of close games played over 10 days for MSU, lately have played good against them, and most importantly this team are experts at giving false hope.  Winning today continues that narrative of false hope and I fully expect that trend to continue just to be let down harder in the next game or BTT.  Chalk it up, win today, misery tomorrow 

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

I feel like IU is gonna win.  A lot of close games played over 10 days for MSU, lately have played good against them, and most importantly this team are experts at giving false hope.  Winning today continues that narrative of false hope and I fully expect that trend to continue just to be let down harder in the next game or BTT.  Chalk it up, win today, misery tomorrow 

I am right there with ya.  Pregame as begun here.  Starting off with beer...by halftime, who knows.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I am right there with ya.  Pregame as begun here.  Starting off with beer...by halftime, who knows.

I can’t quite start yet but last meeting ends at 4pm.  I already have my first two beers planned for pregame.  After that I’ll let the game dictate things as you said 😂 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

So jealous.  My son is playing in the NC high school state Final Four at 630pm.  Can't have anything before that one, so I'll be stone cold sober for the Hoosiers game when I get home.  Kinda scary.  

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So jealous.  My son is playing in the NC high school state Final Four at 630pm.  Can't have anything before that one, so I'll be stone cold sober for the Hoosiers game when I get home.  Kinda scary.  

Best of luck to your boy.  Cheers!

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Best of luck to your boy.  Cheers!

I've decided I won't be Shooter from Hoosiers, but man I have a tough call... In the past I have broadcasted some of their games, but due to Covid they wouldn't let me sit close enough to the guy who does the play by play, so I haven't all year.  Now they tell me I can tonight, but would I rather sit up in the stands with my dad and just take the game in rather than be broadcasting?  Tough call!

3 hours ago, rico said:

Nah, we need to finish at least 2 games over .500 from a NCAAT history perspective.

I just don't think history is a good indicator of how teams will be picked for this tourney. Not saying they will 100% be in, but I would be $5 if they win two more games they make it. 

Archived