National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

59 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’m going to be really curious to see what Okie St tries to do.  Do they try and block Oklahoma from leaving or do they try and hitch a ride with them or do they try to latch on to the BIG or PAC-12?

Anyone else think when this is all said and done B1G and SEC go to 20 teams?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Imagine a scenario where Oklahoma State joins the B1G and A&M jumps because they are pissed at the SEC.  You create a bitter conference rivalry within a couple football hungry states.  Start a B1G/SEC challenge in football and all conference fans win.  Get Georgia Tech on board, and we're really in business.  Not too likely, but fun to ponder.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Saw that a 32 year old OL coach at W. Carolina died after a bout with Covid

Last year (thru December) there were 6629 reports of covid from 78 of the FBS schools (probably way underreported cases). Zero deaths. I feel awful for this family of this young man but without any information if this guy was vaccinated, had underlying conditions like obesity or autoimmune illness etc etc I'm not sure what we are to infer from this. Definitely sad no doubt. I saw I think that one of the Colts players had played for him. I'm sure his team will do their best to honor him this year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rico said:

A guy from "Blue and Gold Illustrated" says Notre Dame will go 10-2...one of those losses will come to Cincinnati.  So he predicts.

Who else does he have them losing to? I assume North Carolina. At Wisconsin will be one to watch...plus it's never easy to go into Blacksburg....and that game is TBD on time so could be a night game....that environment is tough to play in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Who else does he have them losing to? I assume North Carolina. At Wisconsin will be one to watch...plus it's never easy to go into Blacksburg....and that game is TBD on time so could be a night game....that environment is tough to play in.

He never said.  He just said Cincy because he thinks the Irish's homefield winning streak will be snapped.  But he predicted a 10-2 record.  Another "expert" on the show predicted 9-3.

• Like 1