National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Don’t mess with Miami fans lol. 

They're going to crack down on these HARD!!!

I broke a fight up between an IU guy and a UT guy at the bowl game. The IU fan was in the wrong. 🤣

Legit had to talk to security. Lol threw them both out. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They're going to crack down on these HARD!!!

I broke a fight up between and IU guy and UT guy at the bowl game. The IU fan was in the wrong. 🤣

Legit had to talk to security. Lol threw them both out. 

No excuse for it. Honestly I think everyone locked up for two years and arguing through social media with no reprocussions has trained people to act like their worst selves. Add heat/beer to the fire and it can get bad fast. Also I think all these were neutral site with even mixture of fans so true road games you wouldn’t see as much interaction…well except that UNC dad…who knows what started that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No excuse for it. Honestly I think everyone locked up for two years and arguing through social media with no reprocussions has trained people to act like their worst selves. Add heat/beer to the fire and it can get bad fast.

I think this has a lot to do with it. There has always been fights but nothing like we are seeing this year. 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

From the looks of it the guy in the white shirt at the Memphis game is the one not to mess with. He was knocking everyone out with haymakers lol. 🤣

Missed that one. Yeah he hit the wrong dude and knocked him out lol. They all looked like fans of the same team though?! So weird.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Missed that one. Yeah he hit the wrong dude and knocked him out lol. They all looked like fans of the same team though?! So weird.

I think they probably were all Memphis fans from the looks of it.

One thing i noticed is the security is slow getting there, and no one seems to try and stop the fights. But i bet almost everyone had their phones out trying to record them.

• Like 1

Biggest fight I've seen at a college football game was the 2008 Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville. Didn't have a ticket to the game just hung out with the tailgating crowd. A fight broke out between a Gator and Bulldog fan, tables and chairs were flying. The aftermath looked like a mini-tornado blew through where I was at. 🍻

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

I think they probably were all Memphis fans from the looks of it.

One thing i noticed is the security is slow getting there, and no one seems to try and stop the fights. But i bet almost everyone had their phones out trying to record them.

I'm not sure I'd step in anymore either. Once upon a time I would. Unless there was a woman getting hurt or some old man getting abused or something. I've seen too many times a guy try to step in and someone thinks they are trying to fight and coldcocks him or he gets stabbed or something...most of the time these idiots are so drunk they can't be reasoned with or are so intoxicated they can barely throw a punch or just fall around on each other...but the dangerous part is when you do have a guy that knows what he is doing and can throw a devastating punch...you just hope he stops after he lands one and doesn't go on to beat someone to a pulp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm not sure I'd step in anymore either. Once upon a time I would. Unless there was a woman getting hurt or some old man getting abused or something. I've seen too many times a guy try to step in and someone thinks they are trying to fight and coldcocks him or he gets stabbed or something...most of the time these idiots are so drunk they can't be reasoned with or are so intoxicated they can barely throw a punch or just fall around on each other...but the dangerous part is when you do have a guy that knows what he is doing and can throw a devastating punch...you just hope he stops after he lands one and doesn't go on to beat someone to a pulp.

Most of the time i wouldn't either if it is just two guys fighting, i say let them duke it out. What i hate is when there is a couple of them fighting one man like at the Memphis game, then i would probably step in and help. It's kind of funny though he was beating the crap out of all them lol. 

The last part about someone being dangerous and knows what they are doing, i've know a few like that and worked out with them and fortunately they usually know when to stop, not always though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So.... I thought I would watch a little of the ND game and turned to NBC. But, to my disappointment, what do I see instead? Replay of the Tokyo Paralympics!! Are you friggin' kidding me??

You can however, watch it streaming on the Peacock Network, aint gonna happen!!!

You can also use sportsurge.net if you take a minute and learn how to navigate it.

54 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Honestly they are probably going to drop Texas AM probably low, since CFP hates them. But move down ND by 1, so they can still contend for a playoff spot

ND is realistically a 5-7 spot drop. It’s clear that their defense has talent, but with too many complicated reads on the new system(need to simplify the gap reads starting this Monday), and the two left tackles being lost on the oline hurts, but they still need a ton of work, so they should be ranked around 14-15.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, Milosh68 said:

ND is realistically a 5-7 spot drop. It’s clear that their defense has talent, but with too many complicated reads on the new system(need to simplify the gap reads starting this Monday), and the two left tackles being lost on the oline hurts, but they still need a ton of work, so they should be ranked around 14-15.

Depends on which poll you look at. AP poll has the Irish dropping out of the Top 10 at #12, while the Coaches Poll has them at #10.

Hope they beat the Toiletmakers next!

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 2

Not much buzz about it here in the Midwest, but cannot imagine Clay Helton makes it through this season after losing at home to a mediocre Stanford team. Not just based on this one game, but Helton has been on the hot seat, and USC recruiting has not lived up to standards. Notice how programs like Oregon are coming in and getting a lot of the best talent in such a fertile recruiting ground that is California.

Also, how in the heck does a kicker get himself ejected for targeting on the opening kickoff?

• Haha 1