National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

Starting to see more and more conference games. Nationally though I'm interested to see what Cincy does vs ND in a couple weeks. So far ND barely beat a very bad FSU team and if Toledo player stops at 2 they likely win that one. 

I have one person from the inside at ND. Lots of unhappiness among players is all he said but they are 3-0 so it gets covered. Time will tell I guess. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Starting to see more and more conference games. Nationally though I'm interested to see what Cincy does vs ND in a couple weeks. So far ND barely beat a very bad FSU team and if Toledo player stops at 2 they likely win that one. 

And here in two weeks when they beat two top twenty teams in Wisconsin and Cincy people will make excuses, well those teams aren't really that good. 

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have one person from the inside at ND. Lots of unhappiness among players is all he said but they are 3-0 so it gets covered. Time will tell I guess. 

This is nothing personal towards you, but i don't put much stock in this, it is just message board rumors.

9 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

And here in two weeks when they beat two top twenty teams in Wisconsin and Cincy people will make excuses, well those teams aren't really that good. 

This is nothing personal towards you, but i don't put much stock in this, it is just message board rumors.

Understand.  I know certain people at certain places. I've mentioned in another thread (NFL) about what Nagy is being treated like inside Halas Hall because Cole Kmet's Dad has some loose lips. Pair that with the fact that my family doctor and best friend's uncle was ND's Sports Dr for 25+ years....I can tell you this isn't just message board stuff. We've tailgated many of times. But that's up to the recipient of the information. Choose to do with it what you want. 

If ND beats both Wisconsin and Cincy I will say hats off to ND and good for fans of ND....but nothing to date suggests they will do that unless struggling against a bad FSU team and Toledo was just a mirage. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

If ND beats both Wisconsin and Cincy I will say hats off to ND and good for fans of ND....but nothing to date suggests they will do that unless struggling against a bad FSU team and Toledo was just a mirage. 

We will see, every week is different, and teams improve usually as the season goes on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand.  I know certain people at certain places. I've mentioned in another thread (NFL) about what Nagy is being treated like inside Halas Hall because Cole Kmet's Dad has some loose lips. Pair that with the fact that my family doctor and best friend's uncle was ND's Sports Dr for 25+ years....I can tell you this isn't just message board stuff. We've tailgated many of times. But that's up to the recipient of the information. Choose to do with it what you want. 

Like i said it nothing personal towards you, but everyone knows someone that is connected to this team or that team, and knows something about the supposed team. It is just rumors and message board filler until something concrete actually comes out.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Like i said it nothing personal towards you, but everyone knows someone that is connected to this team or that team, and knows something about the supposed team. It is just rumors and message board filler until something concrete actually comes out.

Never take anything personal. I rarely have anything to share of substantive value...just passing along what I hear. Like the guy I play cards with once every couple of weeks. He told me Coombs was being relieved of his game day play calling duties at Ohio St last Monday after the Oregon debacle. Maybe I should have shared to build up my message board credit rating....haha. Just having fun and all is good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, rico said:

C'mon man.  

I'm sure I'm a bit jaded by the utter brutality of IU's schedule this year, but it just seems that there's not much difficulty there.

I grew up Catholic in the region.  ND is my second team.  I find their schedule incredibly weak considering the flexibility they have in making it.  If the ACC is going to give them this and they aren't willing to step out of some of their less traditional games, it's going to be a weak schedule for a team that's ultimate goal is always to go to the CFP.

at FSU

Toledo

Purdue

#18 Wisconsin neutral

# 8 Cincinnati

at Virginia Tech

USC

#21 UNC

Navy 

at UVA

Georgia Tech

at Stanford

For a blue blood in college football, that's a joke of a schedule, and it's obviously designed to give them the greatest chance possible of going undefeated while sprinkling in a whiff of difficulty.

10 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'm sure I'm a bit jaded by the utter brutality of IU's schedule this year, but it just seems that there's not much difficulty there.

I grew up Catholic in the region.  ND is my second team.  I find their schedule incredibly weak considering the flexibility they have in making it.  If the ACC is going to give them this and they aren't willing to step out of some of their less traditional games, it's going to be a weak schedule for a team that's ultimate goal is always to go to the CFP.

at FSU

Toledo

Purdue

#18 Wisconsin neutral

# 8 Cincinnati

at Virginia Tech

USC

#21 UNC

Navy 

at UVA

Georgia Tech

at Stanford

For a blue blood in college football, that's a joke of a schedule, and it's obviously designed to give them the greatest chance possible of going undefeated while sprinkling in a whiff of difficulty.

Nothing wrong with that schedule whatsoever.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

at FSU

Toledo

Purdue

#18 Wisconsin neutral

# 8 Cincinnati

at Virginia Tech

USC

#21 UNC

Navy 

at UVA

Georgia Tech

at Stanford

They play an ACC schedule so most of that schedule is nothing to do with what they want. Two of their non conference games are against top twenty teams. Plus Georgia Tech who they play just lost a close one to Clemson 14-8, so they are probably better then people think. Add in USC who was ranked coming into the season and VT who has been ranked this season i am not sure it is designed the way you think. Once the season starts you have no control on how your schedule plays out and who turns out to be strong or weak.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

They play an ACC schedule so most of that schedule is nothing to do with what they want. Two of their non conference games are against top twenty teams. Plus Georgia Tech who they play just lost a close one to Clemson 14-8, so they are probably better then people think. Add in USC who was ranked coming into the season and VT who has been ranked this season i am not sure it is designed the way you think. Once the season starts you have no control on how your schedule plays out and who turns out to be strong or weak.

At the beginning of the season it was a fine schedule.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I mean look at us. People with us on their schedule probably were looking at that as a chance for a big win, not looking so hot now. I have a hard time seeing us winning 6 games at this point with recent play. 

Same thing with UNC was top 10 coming into the year. I hate Notre Dame but 4-5 games against ranked teams isn’t terrible. Also notre dame has proven they can go undefeated or lose one game and make the CFP, so I don’t blame them for their scheduling if it works for them. Lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I mean look at us. People with us on their schedule probably were looking at that as a chance for a big win, not looking so hot now. I have a hard time seeing us winning 6 games at this point with recent play. 

Cincinnati would love for us to go 10-2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

at FSU

Toledo

Purdue

#18 Wisconsin neutral

# 8 Cincinnati

at Virginia Tech

USC

#21 UNC

Navy 

at UVA

Georgia Tech

at Stanford

That schedule is fine....and 50% is probably scheduled 4-5 years out by the ACC...25% are rivalry locked in for decades...and the other couple were probably scheduled 8-10 years out like our game with them is. It wasn't put together this spring when they thought who could we schedule and beat. My only issue is lately with their fascination with neutral site games. Seems Alabama and others are doing it a lot...but to me this isn't UK basketball....home and homes...let the students cheer and get loud!! Don't like the NFL stadium tour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That schedule is fine....and 50% is probably scheduled 4-5 years out by the ACC...25% are rivalry locked in for decades...and the other couple were probably scheduled 8-10 years out like our game with them is. It wasn't put together this spring when they thought who could we schedule and beat. My only issue is lately with their fascination with neutral site games. Seems Alabama and others are doing it a lot...but to me this isn't UK basketball....home and homes...let the students cheer and get loud!! Don't like the NFL stadium tour.

Exactly. The UC/ND game was scheduled in 2017 and I can't imagine that anyone that it could be a match up of 2 top 10 teams. 

What can I say, with how stacked the Big Ten East is, Notre Dame's schedule just looks like a cakewalk comparatively.

Maybe "joke" is a bridge too far, but it's light years easier than IU's schedule, and there just isn't a game I'm all that excited to see because of the matchup.  Wisconsin and Cincinnati are interesting games for other reasons.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

What can I say, with how stacked the Big Ten East is, Notre Dame's schedule just looks like a cakewalk comparatively.

Maybe "joke" is a bridge too far, but it's light years easier than IU's schedule, and there just isn't a game I'm all that excited to see because of the matchup.  Wisconsin and Cincinnati are interesting games for other reasons.

Almost every team in the country schedules look weak in comparison to IU