National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

17 hours ago, rico said:

That's a sore loser! Horrible teammate if you ask me. Not sure where he is going to transfer to and play next year but I hope they pay attention to how butt hurt the kid is after getting benched.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Maybe he didn't like that Mormon setting?????

mmmaybeee? I'm sure I missed the joke there. What I took he left his old school to get a starting job. Played like poo and got benched...pouted and quit the team. Utah is beautiful...and I'm sure there is a mormon setting there I suppose being in Salt Lake but it's a public school...not like BYU.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

mmmaybeee? I'm sure I missed the joke there. What I took he left his old school to get a starting job. Played like poo and got benched...pouted and quit the team. Utah is beautiful...and I'm sure there is a mormon setting there I suppose being in Salt Lake but it's a public school...not like BYU.

LOL, never mind the 'joke', but yeah that is what I gleaned from the article myself.  Just another diva head case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think ND in a rout.  On a side note, I heard a story yesterday of how the term Bearcat became the mascot for UC. Here is the story I found it on Wiki so you know its 100% accurate.

The Bearcat became the UC mascot on October 31, 1914, in a football game against the UK Wildcats. The key players in the birth of the Bearcat were a star UC player named Baehr, a creative cheerleader, and a talented cartoonist. During the second half of that hard-fought football game, UC cheerleader Norman "Pat" Lyon, building on the efforts of fullback Leonard K. "Teddy" Baehr, created the chant: "They may be Wildcats, but we have a Baehr-cat on our side." The crowd took up the cry: "Come on, Baehr-cat!" Cincinnati prevailed, 14–7, and the victory was memorialized in a cartoon published on the front page of the student newspaper, the weekly University News, on November 3. The cartoon, by John "Paddy" Reece, depicted a bedraggled Kentucky Wildcat being chased by a creature labeled "Cincinnati Bear Cat".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think ND in a rout.  On a side note, I heard a story yesterday of how the term Bearcat became the mascot for UC. Here is the story I found it on Wiki so you know its 100% accurate.

The Bearcat became the UC mascot on October 31, 1914, in a football game against the UK Wildcats. The key players in the birth of the Bearcat were a star UC player named Baehr, a creative cheerleader, and a talented cartoonist. During the second half of that hard-fought football game, UC cheerleader Norman "Pat" Lyon, building on the efforts of fullback Leonard K. "Teddy" Baehr, created the chant: "They may be Wildcats, but we have a Baehr-cat on our side." The crowd took up the cry: "Come on, Baehr-cat!" Cincinnati prevailed, 14–7, and the victory was memorialized in a cartoon published on the front page of the student newspaper, the weekly University News, on November 3. The cartoon, by John "Paddy" Reece, depicted a bedraggled Kentucky Wildcat being chased by a creature labeled "Cincinnati Bear Cat".

I prefer to call the the Binturongs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binturong

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Make Cincy prepare for both. I think Coan goes...but they don't hesitate to make a move if he isn't effective early.

Actually, Cincy would have to prepare for all 3.  The 2nd string guy is back from injury.  That was the 3rd string QB we saw come into the game last week for Coan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rico said:

Just heard on the radio that Notre Dame has not named a QB for tomorrows game against UC.  It appears that Coan is still iffy.

Until their o-line starts improving, which it started to a little in the second half, they might be better off with Pyne starting. He is a better scrambler then Coan and i think Buchner is still out.

Ok it looks like Buchner is back 👍

Edited by Hoosier51

On 10/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, Hoosier51 said:

Until their o-line starts improving, which it started to a little in the second half, they might be better off with Pyne starting. He is a better scrambler then Coan and i think Buchner is still out.

Ok it looks like Buchner is back 👍

Looks to me like ND needs to go with their 4th string QB...

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Well that, and ManBearPig was copyrighted 

54EBEE76-E94D-4CC6-B7D4-232C8F366C5F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1