National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Did the CFP picture get clearer yesterday?  Or murkier?

Yes. Haha.

Right now it's Georgia...and the rest. If Georgia beats Bama in SEC title game the folks in Cincy and Oklahoma might breathe a little easier....but if Bama wins you have Georgia/Bama in for sure and final 2 will come from Ohio St, Cincy, and Oklahoma...with strength of schedule being the key. Cincy's schedule strength isn't getting any better with only 1 chance (SMU) to impress vs anyone in top 25.

I think it was 2014 where TCU came in as #3 in final week or so and fell back to 6 without playing a game. Could see the same with Cincy come conference championship week.

Oklahoma isn't the #3 team in country but they at least have a few more chances to impress.

As it stands today my top 4 would be Georgia, Ohio St, Bama, and Cincy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Did the CFP picture get clearer yesterday?  Or murkier?

As they always say, lots of football to be played.  Georgia is probably the only team you can ink in.  Anyone else, one loss and they will be out, unless multiple teams wind up losing one more, which is likely.  I could see Cincinnati coughing one up, Oklahoma finally, Bama probably not, Ohio State probably not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. Haha.

Right now it's Georgia...and the rest. If Georgia beats Bama in SEC title game the folks in Cincy and Oklahoma might breathe a little easier....but if Bama wins you have Georgia/Bama in for sure and final 2 will come from Ohio St, Cincy, and Oklahoma...with strength of schedule being the key. Cincy's schedule strength isn't getting any better with only 1 chance (SMU) to impress vs anyone in top 25.

I think it was 2014 where TCU came in as #3 in final week or so and fell back to 6 without playing a game. Could see the same with Cincy come conference championship week.

Oklahoma isn't the #3 team in country but they at least have a few more chances to impress.

As it stands today my top 4 would be Georgia, Ohio St, Bama, and Cincy.

Until they lose again, Oregon has to be in the conversation simply because of how they beat the Bucknuts in Columbus. If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma and goes on to win the Big 12, they stay in the conversation.

Too early to whittle it down so much, Imo 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Until they lose again, Oregon has to be in the conversation simply because of how they beat the Bucknuts in Columbus. If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma and goes on to win the Big 12, they stay in the conversation.

Too early to whittle it down so much, Imo 

Very true on Oregon.

As far as the whittling, I would say it is safe to say we can eliminate Purdue from any CFP discussion.

• Haha 1

Seems the SEC is starting their drip campaign early...saw this on twiter. Have to hand it to SEC. They get their teams in.

Cincinnati is one of six remaining undefeated teams in the FBS, but even at 13-0, its playoff resume would be worse than any of the CFP teams in the first 6 yrs of the CFP, according to

9 FBS teams would have a better resume even w/ 1 loss.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems the SEC is starting their drip campaign early...saw this on twiter. Have to hand it to SEC. They get their teams in.

Cincinnati is one of six remaining undefeated teams in the FBS, but even at 13-0, its playoff resume would be worse than any of the CFP teams in the first 6 yrs of the CFP, according to

9 FBS teams would have a better resume even w/ 1 loss.

The Bearcats are just a victim of being in the AAC.  Their conference opponents do little for their SoS.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

The Bearcats are just a victim of being in the AAC.  Their conference opponents do little for their SoS.  

I really will and do feel bad for them....even with a month of football left I'm pretty confident they won't be in CFP. The other one that's going to cause problems is when Ohio St gets in over Oregon. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I really will and do feel bad for them....even with a month of football left I'm pretty confident they won't be in CFP. The other one that's going to cause problems is when Ohio St gets in over Oregon. 

Funny, I feel like UC is in if they run the table.  And Oregon still has a date @ Utah.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I don't feel bad for them. Cincinnati really isn't helping their case as much as they should if they're really a CFP team.

Everybody knows we had them on the ropes until the targeting call, and they've really struggled against horrible Navy and Tulsa teams the last 2 weeks. If they were routinely beating teams by 40+ they'd easily be in. They just aren't passing the optics test lately.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Funny, I feel like UC is in if they run the table.  And Oregon still has a date @ Utah.

Just not seeing it. UC has to hope Georgia beats Bama in SEC title game but even if that happens I could see Oregon (if they beat Utah) and Ohio St getting in before them. Just the way it is for Non P5 teams....