National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

See where Perdooos impressive win over then #3 Spartans wasn't enough for them to crack the Top 25???

Kinda surprised by that honestly. A few G5 teams that don’t have the quality wins ahead of us. And a team like Auburn doesn’t have a better resume than us but no biggie. We already broke our streak of not being ranked thankfully.  Anything past this point is gravy this year. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

6 hours ago, rico said:

The Gators didn't wait until the end of the season...

https://www.wcjb.com/2021/11/08/florida-fires-two-coaches-wake-loss-south-carolina/

Never have been a fan of mid season terminations for anyone at the college level but we gave up on that years ago I guess.. however the state of Florida is in flux with Mullen being 50/50, Manny being 50/50 and FSU just being a dumpster. 

The best recruiting state in the country is up for grabs right now. Florida making this move makes sense for recruiting. 

Edited by Seeking6

21 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

CFP committee is such a joke, MSU just beat Michigan twelve days ago and they have identical records but they rank the Wolverines one spot higher. 🤦‍♂️

Evidently they want those ratings.

Committee is just getting everyone ready for when they rank Notre Dame ahead of Cincy in a few weeks. Michigan being ranked there is just the first move of getting ND in later.

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Committee is just getting everyone ready for when they rank Notre Dame ahead of Cincy in a few weeks. Michigan being ranked there is just the first move of getting ND in later.

Well they haven't ranked them ahead of Cincy yet so you might want to adjust that tin foil hat lol. 😀 j/k

In all seriousness though i don't think they will, Cincy with a lackluster performance just moved up a spot in CFB rankings. 

Heck if you want a conspiracy theory they have Texas A&M up to 11th with two losses. You could potentially see two teams from the SEC with two losses ahead of Cincy. 

The committee probably doesn't want Cincy in there, but i think they will try to keep SEC and B1G teams ahead of them before they would ND.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Well they haven't ranked them ahead of Cincy yet so you might want to adjust that tin foil hat lol. 😀

In all seriousness though i don't think they will, Cincy with a lackluster performance just moved up a spot in CFB rankings. 

Heck if you want a conspiracy theory they have Texas A&M up to 11th with two losses. You could potentially see two teams from the SEC with two losses ahead of Cincy. 

The committee probably doesn't want Cincy in there, but i think they will try to keep SEC and B1G teams ahead of them before they would ND.

A&M is so high to support Bama deserving it even if they lose again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Tinfoil hat time: Purdue was given a ranking so that OSU's next 4 opponents will be ranked (including Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship), giving the committee an excuse to keep them above Cincy even if the Buckeyes lose a 2nd game. 

Very possible but (and yes I’m extremely biased) I think Purdue has done enough this year to warrant a ranking of 19 right now. Don’t think it’s outlandish or anything. 6-3 with two top 5 wins and no bad losses.