National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

ND strength of record #4. I wish they would stop playing such a weak schedule.  

Curious where you see that.  I did a quick search and I saw a couple that had them in the teens and one as low as 26.  Outside of UC they haven’t played anyone who has consistently been in the top 25, though they play a lot of power 5 schools.    I don’t think their schedule is weak.  But top 4?

40 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Curious where you see that.  I did a quick search and I saw a couple that had them in the teens and one as low as 26.  Outside of UC they haven’t played anyone who has consistently been in the top 25, though they play a lot of power 5 schools.    I don’t think their schedule is weak.  But top 4?

Heard it this morning on sports talk. Not strength of schedule but strength of record. ND does not have many top 25 wins but most teams are above average. Just going by what was said

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Heard it this morning on sports talk. Not strength of schedule but strength of record. ND does not have many top 25 wins but most teams are above average. Just going by what was said

I heard something the other day talking about ND's opponents' opponents.  Example is ND beat Purdue who beat Iowa and Michigan St.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am having a hard time seeing how those rankings hurt ND. Those reinforce my argument.  In comparison to those in the Playoff picture their numbers are much better in 2 of those you link. Ahead of all other top 10 teams bt in 1 of them UGA AND BAMA ahead 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:08 PM, thirdgenhoosier said:

They play a lot of good, solid above average teams but almost never play anyone elite.  It's all by design so that their schedule looks a lot tougher than it really is and they get their own national title discussion almost every year.  It's also why they won't join a conference. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

They play a lot of good, solid above average teams but almost never play anyone elite.  It's all by design so that their schedule looks a lot tougher than it really is and they get their own national title discussion almost every year.  It's also why they won't join a conference. 

They also don't play the likes of Mercer, New Mexico State, Furman and other absolutely unqualified programs.  Not sure Notre Dame has the athletes of the top 3-4 teams,  but their schedule definitely holds up.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

They also don't play the likes of Mercer, New Mexico State, Furman and other absolutely unqualified programs.  Not sure Notre Dame has the athletes of the top 3-4 teams,  but their schedule definitely holds up.

Even if Notre Dame was the unquestioned #1 team in the land, there would still be many questioning their schedule.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Having a late Thanksgiving today and watching the OSU and Michigan game with some Wolverine fans, was kind of in the middle on who to cheer for but since they will be watching it with me i am 100% Buckeyes today lol.

Nope...rooting for the Wolverines to screw up the CFP committee and OSU fans.  I don't care if the BIG is represented or not.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would have a 2 loss OSU in before UC. 

I'm with you. I understand it boxes out the non-Power 5 teams, but with an only 4 team playoff i can't justify putting in a team whose conference schedule doesn't have a single ranked team on it. 

Cincy's schedule is a joke compared to any Big Ten, SEC, even Big 12 school. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I'm with you. I understand it boxes out the non-Power 5 teams, but with an only 4 team playoff i can't justify putting in a team whose conference schedule doesn't have a single ranked team on it. 

Cincy's schedule is a joke compared to and Big Ten, SEC, even Big 12 school. 

I also want the 4 BEST teams.... 

Right now that is Michigan, OSU, Bama, and UGA. 

Don't shoot the messenger. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well if they're deemed one of the 4 best teams... they should be in. 

Let's assume Georgia beats Bama.  At that point we have a 2 loss Tide and a 2 loss Buckeye team.  Georgia and Michigan should not be required to beat them again.

Cincy probably isn't as good as the Buckeyes, but who is to say they wouldn't beat Michigan and Georgia to win it all.  The Buckeyes and Tide would have had their chance and failed.

• Like 3