National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

16 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Looks like Lincoln Riley is headed to USC.

I think that OK job may be a tough sell to a higher profile coach. Could OK look like Nebraska in ten years? Losing Riley right before heading to the SEC could be a tough road ahead.

Just catching up on weekend stuff. Yep. Riley wanted zero part of SEC and I don't blame him. USC is such an easier path. Sounds like he's taking almost his entire staff too.

Curious if Heupel leaves Tennessee for Oklahoma? Does Tennessee make another run at our good friend up North? Domino season is here.

Edited by Seeking6

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Curious if Heupel leaves Tennessee for Oklahoma? Does Tennessee make another run at our good friend up North? Domino season is here.

Remember, Bob Stoops fired Heupel at Oklahoma. And by chance he does leave for OU, I would imagine that Brohm would be on UT's short list.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Remember, Bob Stoops fired Heupel at Oklahoma. And by chance he does leave for OU, I would imagine that Brohm would be on UT's short list.

I would throw the absolute HOUSE at Fickell. Anything and everything he wanted I would accommodate. Cinci to Knoxville really isn't that far... he could easily still get plenty of OH dudes. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, BGleas said:

Agree on 2 loss teams. I just can't support Cincy over a 1-loss Power 5 school or Notre Dame. 

But they beat that one loss team....at their place. Why do we even play football games if the outcomes have no meaning for 90% of them??? Should only power 5 teams play? Cincinnati has not impressed me a ton this year...mostly because they barely beat a bad IU team. The one time they played a very good opponent...Notre Dame...they dominated them honestly....on their own home field. If there were other worthy teams to put in I'd be all for it but outside of Georgia everyone else has proven they can't beat everyone that has lined up across from them and Cincy has....whether in style, convincingly, or not. I don't think they are one of the 4 top teams in the country....but I am fine with giving them the opportunity to prove I'm wrong...because really not anyone else has proven to me they have done any better a job winning games this year. Who knows...still a week left so anything can still happen. Michigan has to get by Iowa, Okl St has to get by Baylor, Cincy has to get by #16 Houston, and who knows what will happen with Georgia and Alabama. Still a lot to settle out but I agree I don't see any 2 loss teams that have a say in thinking they should be in the final 4. They've all shown their flaws more than once.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just don't get all the Bama love this year. The only truly good team they beat was Ole Miss. Barely beat a bad LSU, and Auburn, lost to a bad A&M team and beat a good Arkansas team. There is no way a 2 loss Bama team deserves it. 

Saban has 2 teams that ran the table. All the other years he's backed his way into the BCS or Playoff. Not saying his teams weren't really good....but my Canes never, never, never got a second chance. Of Saban's 7 he backed into 5. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just don't get all the Bama love this year. The only truly good team they beat was Ole Miss. Barely beat a bad LSU, and Auburn, lost to a bad A&M team and beat a good Arkansas team. There is no way a 2 loss Bama team deserves it. 

They won't get in if Georgia beats them.

This year/season just screams expansion regarding the CFP.  And if there was ever a season for giving a non power 5 team a shot, I believe this is it.  My goodness, throw all the frigging measurements out the window one time and try doing something outside the box!!  I don't think that's asking too much and wouldn't it make for a really interesting storyline?   😊

• Like 1