National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

Just now, btownqb said:

We had a coach that choked players.... we had a safety selling meth, we had a QB selling coke. We aren't immune to this stuff. at all. 

I don't live in a glass house and never said IU or ND were holier than thought but what goes on at LSU is obvious.  Like I said it's about money and more freedom to go head first into gray area with no worries. I think if LSU thought Dave Bliss could win games they would hire him

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh OSU for sure would. They are incredible. ND isn't even close to OSU, ND would be a very solid 4th-6th best team in the SEC. 

If ND was in the SEC theu would recruit just like the rest of the SEC. not all players at ND are rocket scientist but compared to the majority of LSU players come on now. 

This is nothing more than about money.thats it. Load up the next 5 or 6 years and retire.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I don't live in a glass house and never said IU or ND were holier than thought but what goes on at LSU is obvious.  Like I said it's about money and more freedom to go head first into gray area with no worries. I think if LSU thought Dave Bliss could win games they would hire him

No, it's not about that at all. It's about going to a program that can win a national championship, I'm sure he would have taken the Florida or Oklahoma jobs, as well. He wants to compete against the best. Playing against Navy, Boston College, and Stanford has to get incredibly boring. 

I mean.. did you see his $$$$???? 

Furthermore... living in Baton Rogue compared to South Bend... holy crap, massive upgrade. 

Just now, btownqb said:

No, it's not about that at all. It's about going to a program that can win a national championship, I'm sure he would have taken the Florida or Oklahoma jobs, as well. He wants to compete against the best. Playing against Navy, Boston College, and Stanford has to get incredibly boring. 

I mean.. did you see his $$$$???? 

Furthermore... living in Baton Rogue compared to South Bend... holy crap, massive upgrade. 

ND will get to the CFP before LSU. 

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If ND was in the SEC theu would recruit just like the rest of the SEC. not all players at ND are rocket scientist but compared to the majority of LSU players come on now. 

This is nothing more than about money.thats it. Load up the next 5 or 6 years and retire.

ND is too chicken s*** to even join the ACC 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

If you are saying the path to get to the CFP is easier for ND, why would they join any conference.  In the ACC ND and Clemson would be one and 2 every year. They would be fine in any conference. You are kidding yourself if you think anything differently 

I'm not the one kidding myself. ND fans have an incredibly, falsely inflated ego. Why do you think ND is so good? They haven't won a NC since before I was BORN. I'm 30. Think about it. 

I will say... ND sucks... but they might come out ahead here. I'm not sure they were going to improve much more w/BK. Maybe new blood w/Fickell? Matt Campbell? Maybe that puts them over the top. Idk. 

I think both of those dudes can flat out coach. Who else are their options? Brohm? I really don't know. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm not the one kidding myself. ND fans have an incredibly, falsely inflated ego. Why do you think ND is so good? They haven't won a NC since before I was BORN. I'm 30. Think about it. 

I know their history and never said one time go back and look, that they are great. Are they a top 3 to 7 team almost every year of course they are. ND haters just hate that they are in discussion every year and are not in a conference. 

I would rather be in the top 5 every year and enjoy watching my team than to have a 1 time NC run and fade back into non existence. 

All schools wish they were Bama but there is only 1.  It's call pride in the program for me not inflated ego. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I will say... ND sucks... but they might come out ahead here. I'm not sure they were going to improve much more w/BK. Maybe new blood w/Fickell? Matt Campbell? Maybe that puts them over the top. Idk. 

I think both of those dudes can flat out coach. Who else are their options? Brohm? I really don't know. 

Why do the suck because they are not in the SEC, or are not the mighty Vols. Come on you just can't be objective and that's fine. I hate Purdue but at least when they are good I can admit it. That's just me

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It’ll be Fickell or Freeman

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know their history and never said one time go back and look, that they are great. Are they a top 3 to 7 team almost every year of course they are. ND haters just hate that they are in discussion every year and are not in a conference. 

I would rather be in the top 5 every year and enjoy watching my team than to have a 1 time NC run and fade back into non existence. 

All schools wish they were Bama but there is only 1.  It's call pride in the program for me not inflated ego. 

ND isn't in the discussion every year though. That's the thing. SEC schools know they have a bye in the playoffs if they get matched up with them. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Why do the suck because they are not in the SEC, or are not the mighty Vols. Come on you just can't be objective and that's fine. I hate Purdue but at least when they are good I can admit it. That's just me

I've literally never acted like Tennessee is any good, basically. 

Compare Knoxville and Neyland to South Bend and Notre Dame Stadium. Shew not comparable, or even close. Have you been to an SEC gameday? There is nothing like it. Vandy doesn't count. 

Woke up still thinking about this one. At this time it just doesn't make any sense. Kelly has zero connections to the South or Louisiana and things seemed fine for ND. 

ND calling presser at 10am to probably explain how they got sucker punched. All joking aside I didn't see this one coming at all...and I'm not sure it makes perfect sense for Kelly or LSU. Time will tell.

Fickell has to be the guy I would believe at ND but with college football who knows anymore. 

• Like 2

Every Notre Dame fan- "SEC is not superior, they cheat, we have high academic standards, *insert next excuse"

SEC school that finished last in their division- "we'd like to introduce former ND coach Brian Kelly" 

😆

I'm dead over here. lol ... but like I said, couple of things work out the right way... and hopefully they're forced to join a conference at some point, things could work out better for ND. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Woke up still thinking about this one. At this time it just doesn't make any sense. Kelly has zero connections to the South or Louisiana and things seemed fine for ND. 

ND calling presser at 10am to probably explain how they got sucker punched. All joking aside I didn't see this one coming at all...and I'm not sure it makes perfect sense for Kelly or LSU. Time will tell.

Fickell has to be the guy I would believe at ND but with college football who knows anymore. 

Ya know I always figured when Kelly left it would be for a NFL gig.  

And yeah, Kelly to LSU makes zero sense for either party.  I think it will be a match made in hell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ND isn't in the discussion every year though. That's the thing. SEC schools know they have a bye in the playoffs if they get matched up with them. 

Really. Which head coaches do you speak with to find this out. If Bama is the barometer then no one is in their league. No other SEC has had consistently year in and year out