National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Every Notre Dame fan- "SEC is not superior, they cheat, we have high academic standards, *insert next excuse"

SEC school that finished last in their division- "we'd like to introduce former ND coach Brian Kelly" 

😆

I'm dead over here. lol ... but like I said, couple of things work out the right way... and hopefully they're forced to join a conference at some point, things could work out better for ND. 

Paint much with broad strokes. To say they would not be fine in any conference is pure stupidity.  I don't think they are a top 3 or 4 team every year but for you to say they suck is just childish. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Really. Which head coaches do you speak with to find this out. If Bama is the barometer then no one is in their league. No other SEC has had consistently year in and year out

No one anywhere in any sport does what Bama does. No one. 

Now... Florida x2, Auburn, Tennessee, LSU x3 all have NC since 1998. Plus, as of right now UGA is hands down the third best program in the country. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No one anywhere in any sport does what Bama does. No one. 

Now... Florida x2, Auburn, Tennessee, LSU x3 all have NC since 1998. Plus, as of right now UGA is hands down the third best program in the country. 

I wish you would stop with the SEC lovefest...I am gonna puke.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Paint much with broad strokes. To say they would not be fine in any conference is pure stupidity.  I don't think they are a top 3 or 4 team every year but for you to say they suck is just childish. 

They do suck when compared to the best of the best. They absolutely suck compared to Clemson, Bama, UGA, and OSU. (everyone does)

I also think UF, LSU, Oklahoma are better, to much better as a program. I would have them in the 8-14 range, there's a distinct gap. I don't understand how you could have them any higher than that? We have seen them get the absolute doors blown off them when they play the other schools (when both are good). 

I'm talking being a true threat. It's incredibly hard to consider yourself the best of the best... when you haven't been the best of the best since 1988. 

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Ya know I always figured when Kelly left it would be for a NFL gig.  

And yeah, Kelly to LSU makes zero sense for either party.  I think it will be a match made in hell.

Kelly just seems too boring for LSU to me especially coming off of Coach o.  I think many of these SEC programs are going to run laps around him recruiting and he'll be fired in 3 years.  

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They do suck when compared to the best of the best. They absolutely suck compared to Clemson, Bama, UGA, and OSU. (everyone does)

I also think UF, LSU, Oklahoma are better, to much better as a program. I would have them in the 8-14 range, there's a distinct gap. I don't understand how you could have them any higher than that? We have seen them get the absolute doors blown off them when they play the other schools (when both are good). 

I'm talking being a true threat. It's incredibly hard to consider yourself the best of the best... when you haven't been the best of the best since 1988. 

I give up. The all knowing , the only opinion they matters the one and only @btownqb has spoken. ND sucks because the football guru says so. I think ND should drop down to D2 so they might have a chance to be relevant. Thank you for opening my eyes I needed this enlightenment.  I am on my way to get my SEC rules and everyone else sucks balls ,tattoo as we speak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Since 2012 ND is 1-8 vs Clemson, UGA, Bama, and OSU. They been outscored in those games 288-174. So on average those teams beat ND by 2 TDs. There isn't much else that needs to be said. ND very good football program, not elite. 

I get it they suck. Hopefully they drop the sorry ass program and focus on rowing or something because obviously they are terrible. . I will buy you a cookie and give you a sticker for being the smartest on the board. I honored to be in your internet presence. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I get it they suck. Hopefully they drop the sorry ass program and focus on rowing or something because obviously they are terrible. . I will buy you a cookie and give you a sticker for being the smartest on the board. I honored to be in your internet presence. 

So because I posted a stat you don't like..... tough

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not piling on, but ND is top ten every year because of their schedule and brand. They’re a good program but overrated most years because of the name. 

2021 No. 31. With only Alabama at 22 ahead of them of top 10 teams this year

2020 No 13

2019: No. 28 — 90-64 (.584)

2018: No. 19 — 95-62 (.605)

2017: No. 3 — 97-63 (.647)

2021 CFB Strength of Wins. You get credit for every FBS win of opponent you defeat. 1. Georgia 38 2 Notre Dame 32 3 Wisconsin 30 4 Oregon & Michigan 28 6 Texas A&M, BYU and Boise 27 9 Alabama &

Okla St 26 11 Ohio St & Cincinnati 25 5 tied at 13

Lets not let facts in the way. Outside of the Big ten ND schedule is better year in and year out than most schools. When the SEC has 3 or 4 top tier teams they might be better but as you all can see, ND schedule is not as weak as perceived

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So because I posted a stat you don't like..... tough

Your whole premise is that they suck and could not compete in the SEC. I disagree not hard to see. Playing in a conference  especially a very good conference will help you with a NC. We agree on that. I think ND should join a conference and I also think they would be top 3 in any conference. Its my opinion can't support it because they are no. Just like I can say that those SEC teams might not have won NC if they were in the BIG. More competition more chances at losses. Playing in the cold etc  it is all opinion. My opinion ND is a good program your opinion ND sucks

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then please to god... someone beat them. In my lifetime, no one has. 

Up until early 2000's...Miami and Florida St were what Bama and Georgia are for 2 decades. USC had their run....only those 3 programs dating back to the 80's are on par or superior to what the SEC has going. I'm not a SEC honk but I love their passion and desire to be the very best and they have been for a looooooong time.

Hopefully someone can dethrone them again. 

• Like 1

Not sure I want to dip my toe in this chum filled water but man that is a huge contract and commitment. How much longer does Saban have?? He is looking tired imo. At this point that program is on auto-pilot so they aren't going anywhere but LSU is in the cat bird seat imo if they slip. Like Florida they have too much talent not to win more consistently. ND honestly can't put the athletes on the field LSU can. If Kelly lands himself a qb which he should be able to...watch out. He is a good coach but with really no margin to work with against the best competition. Will he win a NC....hard to tell...hard to do for anyone...but LSU allows for a much better chance....especially how the SEC is able to get multiple teams into the final 4 and if it expands will likely see 3 teams every year. ND couldn't even get a first rd bye under the new format that was discussed.....a very hard path even if they were the #1 team in the country.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Your whole premise is that they suck and could not compete in the SEC. I disagree not hard to see. Playing in a conference  especially a very good conference will help you with a NC. We agree on that. I think ND should join a conference and I also think they would be top 3 in any conference. Its my opinion can't support it because they are no. Just like I can say that those SEC teams might not have won NC if they were in the BIG. More competition more chances at losses. Playing in the cold etc  it is all opinion. My opinion ND is a good program your opinion ND sucks

No, my opinion is not that ND sucks. My opinion is that they are not the schools I have listed. I did say I believed they were a top 8-14 football program, I mean, that's obviously NOT sucking. But you can't just gloss over 1-8 against those schools. Their consistency is impressive, but is it impressive because they don't play a schedule that would include the SEC West? 

Idk. You don't know. The only thing I KNOW is every time I've watched ND in the CFP or NC game (vs Bama) or against OSU or UGA... they've MIGHTLY struggled. Played UGA well twice, still lost though. 

They would be Auburn in the SEC, I believe. They aren't LSU, UF, Bama, Oklahoma, or UGA... sorry, I just don't see that they are. In my life time, they haven't been those schools. 

Furthermore... how the heck has the SEC NOT proven to you or anyone else how good they are? 5 teams winning championships since 1998. Bama with 7, LSU 3, UF 2, Auburn and UT 1 a piece. 13 titles in like 23 or 24 years. I don't understand how that isn't incredibly impressive. It's not like I WANT to admit how ungodly good that conference is, but.... the shoe fits man. 

I respect the heck out of OSU, as well. They are just flat out awesome. Incredible job by UM and Harbaugh what they did this past weekend. 

Look how much talent in the SEC is in the NFL. OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Up until early 2000's...Miami and Florida St were what Bama and Georgia are for 2 decades. USC had their run....only those 3 programs dating back to the 80's are on par or superior to what the SEC has going. I'm not a SEC honk but I love their passion and desire to be the very best and they have been for a looooooong time.

Hopefully someone can dethrone them again. 

Yes, great stuff,  I agree... it wasn't always like this, but basically my first memories of college football (23 years ago).. is Tennessee winning the first BCS NC. I mean, Auburn has been to two title games. Florida 2 or 3, LSU has won 3, Bama has won 40 or whatever lol 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

2020 No 13

2021 CFB Strength of Wins. You get credit for every FBS win of opponent you defeat. 1. Georgia 38 2 Notre Dame 32 3 Wisconsin 30 4 Oregon & Michigan 28 6 Texas A&M, BYU and Boise 27 9 Alabama &

Lets not let facts in the way. Outside of the Big ten ND schedule is better year in and year out than most schools. When the SEC has 3 or 4 top tier teams they might be better but as you all can see, ND schedule is not as weak as perceived

If they were in the Big Ten, they would be Michigan; good, not great.  9 times out of 10 they would get spanked by OSU and probably lose 4 games consistently. Your stats kinda prove the point, they are getting "strength of wins" for playing FBS teams who are terrible year in year out.

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

2020 No 13

They are a good program, not great. They would be Michigan in the BIG, do pretty well but get stomped by OSU nine times out of ten. I am not even considering the SEC. I don't think they suck at all, I said overrated. And these stats prove my point as much as yours, they do pretty well with their schedule, get to the playoffs and are outclassed. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

2020 No 13

The best team they've played this season is a Non Power 5 school. Who is the 2nd best team they've played this season? Honestly. Wisconsin? And 3rd Purdue?