National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

3 different coaches have won titles at LSU in the past 2 decades. That alone is a reason some coaches make LSU the job it is. Literally 3-4 hours from campus are some of the hottest recruiting grounds in the country....now I know it's a tough order beating Bama, Georgia,etc... but LSU is on the short list of schools that proven they can along with Ohio St, Clemson...and a couple other schools that if they ever get their stuff straight. 

I don't think Kelly could win the title at ND. Not a knock I just don't think he could. Jack said some interesting stuff earlier today too. Mentioned he saw some signs over the past month that indicated Kelly was looking elsewhere. 

No clue if Bob Stoops has any interest but he and his wife own several Chicago properties. Maybe he has an interest? 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

I've noticed very little difference. But, hey, I have no clue on that. But there are quite a few flown through this area. You certainly may be right.  

I grew up with an 812 area code. Currently live in Kentucky, and travelled extensively through the southeast, particularly Georgia and South Carolina. 

Nooooo comparison, even with Kentucky. 

Kentucky and southern Indiana, it’s not uncommon to see bumper stickers, etc with the CSA battle flag. Get in the Deep South outside of a major metropolitan area (Atlanta, etc) it’s uncommon if you can turn your head without seeing one. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I actually thought about it and the mile marker for FW Intl Airport is 96 , maybe. Anderson is at mm 26. Hour max just driving the speed limit 

Yes I was a little off and probably going by leaving the east side of Indy. My first stop was on the north end of Fort Wayne

On 11/30/2021 at 12:07 PM, rico said:

Depends on how you look at it.  To me everything north of I-70 is northern Indiana.

There's north and way up north.  There's also, just north of indy north.  Either way, cold weather sucks.  Grew up in southern Indiana and my parents are usually 5-8 degrees warmer than me here just north of Indy.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

There's north and way up north.  There's also, just north of indy north.  Either way, cold weather sucks.  Grew up in southern Indiana and my parents are usually 5-8 degrees warmer than me here just north of Indy.  

Where is just north of Indy?  

• Haha 1

Just now, rico said:

Sorry, I forgot you are on Morse.  You are out in the northern 'burbs!  LOL

When 37 gets fixed up and removes the lights, I'll be able to get to work downtown Indy near Northside in 25-30 minutes.  I can do that now on Sunday mornings at 615 but the way home is usually 42 or so.  So worth it though to live on the lake.  Its like living on vacation, especially in nice weather.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Has the $EC announced how they are going to realign divisions with Texas and Oklahoma coming on board?

Oklahoma going to the SEC likely had something to do with Lincoln Riley taking the USC job, don't you think?  Less obstacles out west to get into the playoff.  

You know, I have less respect for coaches who move because they see an “easier” path. 

But that’s just me 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Has the $EC announced how they are going to realign divisions with Texas and Oklahoma coming on board?

Oklahoma going to the SEC likely had something to do with Lincoln Riley taking the USC job, don't you think?  Less obstacles out west to get into the playoff.  

Riley definitely wanted a less challenging path.  There was some discussion of quads when the announcement was made, but nothing definitive. 

If they stay with 2 divisions, not only will they need to realign, but they'll also need to add a 9th conference game if they want to protect some rivalries. Not sure they want to take away 1 automatic win from half the conference by adding an additional conference game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Riley definitely wanted a less challenging path.  There was some discussion of quads when the announcement was made, but nothing definitive. 

If they stay with 2 divisions, not only will they need to realign, but they'll also need to add a 9th conference game if they want to protect some rivalries. Not sure they want to take away 1 automatic win from half the conference by adding an additional conference game.

Getting competitive balance will be difficult if they do go to quads and try to keep it geographic. 

Something like

• Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, Arkansas
  • Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU, Missouri
  • Auburn, Alabama, Vandy, Kentucky
  •  Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee

LSU is sitting pretty with that alignment.  

19 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I think Oklahoma will go to the East Divison. See Missouri Tex AM addition blueprint. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Getting competitive balance will be difficult if they do go to quads and try to keep it geographic. 

Something like

I'm sure Bama would like that too!

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Something like

I prefer(lol):

East:

Auburn, 'Bama, Vandy, UK, Florida, Geogia, South Carolina, Tennessee

West:

Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St., LSU, Mizzou

• Like 1