National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I see you are still drinking that SEC kool-aid.

Well.. it is the best football conference in the country. Their divisions work a lot better than the B1Gs. They added two teams and made a seamless transition. 

But I wasn't commending them on how they set their divisions up.. I was merely giving information.  

Edited by btownqb

Notre Dame reportedly going to hire Freeman as their next Head Coach. This is a great move in my opinion to keep continuity in the program and to take the next step. Kelly has tried to poach Rees and other coaches from the staff and they are choosing to stay with the Irish. From the sounds of it most of the recruits from their top ten recruiting class are supporting Freeman as the head coach so there shouldn't be a mass exodus like OU is having with Riley leaving. 👍

Edited by Hoosier51

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

Notre Dame reportedly going to hire Freeman as their next Head Coach. This is a great move in my opinion to keep continuity in the program and to take the next step. Kelly has tried to poach Rees and other coaches from the staff and they are choosing to stay with the Irish. From the sounds of if most of the recruits from their top ten recruiting class are supporting Freeman as the head coach so there shouldn't be a mass exodus like OU is having with Riley leaving. 👍

By most accounts Kelly is an a-hole.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

ND comes out ahead.  Its simple, athletes will find Freeman more attractive than a jerk old white guy.  LSU will fire Kelly in 3 years.  Terrible fit.  

Will Kelly make it that long?  lol

It will be oh so funny if the Irish find their way into the CFP.  And even funnier if they win the championship.  

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I might be wrong but Strong came from another program right? Freeman has been huge for ND

Wasn't strong doing really well at Louisville?  

It was a great fit for him.  Louisville attracts an inner city kid.  He was trajecting very well.  But hey, if the Baton Rogue fire department offered me 10 years 95 million, love ya, Indy but we outta here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wasn't strong doing really well at Louisville?  

It was a great fit for him.  Louisville attracts an inner city kid.  He was trajecting very well.  But hey, if the Baton Rogue fire department offered me 10 years 95 million, love ya, Indy but we outta here.  

Yes, but didn’t do so well at Texas

I just realized how loaded LSU's coaches are in Football, MBB, WBB, and baseball now. Holy crap. Honestly, baseball the most loaded.. that coach brought the best player to the country with him from AZ lol 

Added that to a roster w/that was supremely talented, just young. 

Edited by btownqb

19 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Players are definitely happy about their new head coach. They might have a few transfers just like any school does with a coaching change, but if this this video is any indication they won't have many. Reminds me of the Hoosiers players toward Coach Allen last season. 👍

Good. Now I hope they get smacked in their bowl game. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I am going to laugh so hard at you if they somehow slip into the playoffs and win it lol. Or when they win their bowl game. The mocking might hit record levels lol. 😁

Them winning a game in the CFP would set precedent, for them. I'd be impressed with that for sure, for ND. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1