National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

59 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Hate is probably a bit strong. Really annoyed is better. They have great tradition, teams, and passionate fans. However, the fans can really wear your down.  MSU fans act like they should be in the playoffs every year. And when they are a letdown as usual, they scream SEC.

Never had a problem until I moved hear 21 years ago. Every time I try to get behind Bama, some d bag runs their mouth.  Those people are everywhere, so it's in stereo.  I have some great Bama friends, so I'm always happy for them, and being an IU football fan is very non-threatening and good for business!

My main issue with the SEC back on the day was that you new every team I'm the south was buying their teams

1 hour ago, rico said:

Now how did Oregon beat Ohio St.?  

I would say that OSU got better as the season went on, but after the game against the Meatchickens maybe they didn't. Both have been clearly overrated this season. Miami might want to be weary of Cristobal, they have lost two games to the UTES 76-17 and was beat by 3-9 Stanford.

I am surprised Kyle Whittinghams name doesn't show up in more job opening rumors, he is an underrated coach in my opinion.

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

You guys just hate an entire conference lol it blows my mind. Maybe if I lived where you did, idk haha. 

I love it. Every time I go anywhere down there-- Nashville, Knoxville, Lexington, Atlanta, Biloxi-- all they do is talk college sports, basically just college football, but still. Game days are absolutely UNREAL and sweet jesus Neyland is fun. 

I hate whole countries so a conference is not that big a deal to me lol

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I would say that OSU got better as the season went on, but after the game against the Meatchickens maybe they didn't. Both have been clearly overrated this season. Miami might want to be weary of Cristobal, they have lost two games to the UTES 76-17 and was beat by 3-9 Stanford.

I am surprised Kyle Whittinghams name doesn't show up in more job opening rumors, he is an underrated coach in my opinion.

Utah might be playing the best football in the country right now.  By my calculations they will get to face the Bucknuts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Utah might be playing the best football in the country right now.  By my calculations they will get to face the Bucknuts.

I always like watching them play, they are tough and physical, something Oregon and Cristobal supposedly claim to be but sure hasn't looked like it in the two games against the Utes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Utah beat the Bucknuts.

16 hours ago, rico said:

I don't think Miami has an AD in place?

Hopefully it's official this weekend but Clemson AD is headed back home to Miami. Regarding Mario. Won't get my hopes up. He's wanted the job 2x before and somehow Miami keeps messing it up. Their Admin reminds me of ours up until last couple years. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I see Georgia rolling Bama

Michigan narrow victory over Iowa

Houston beats Cincy on a late FG

Okst beats Baylor 124 to 120 in the defense optional conference championship 

I think I'm the only person out there thinking Bama wins. Georgia is obviously #1 but it's not like Bama is rolling Rudy out there on the edge. Never underestimate being the underdog for the first time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I'm the only person out there thinking Bama wins. Georgia is obviously #1 but it's not like Bama is rolling Rudy out there on the edge. Never underestimate being the underdog for the first time.

I do think it'll be 65% UGA in ATL today or more. Good God they had a lot of people in Knoxville. 

Also.. ND doesn't have a win vs a currently ranked team and somehow there's a metric that calculates ND as a top 10 schedule. 😳

• Like 1

I don't know what will be more funny. ND getting in (after Ok St can't score from 2-3 yards about 15x in second half) and loses by 50 in playoff vs Georgia (assuming they win).....or ND getting in to begin with.

Shoot Baylor has at least 3 top 25 wins and a conference title. ND is not a top 4 team. I can't wait to see what happens if Iowa beats Michigan?? 

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know what will be more funny. ND getting in (after Ok St can't score from 2-3 yards about 15x in second half) and loses by 50 in playoff vs Georgia (assuming they win).....or ND getting in to begin with.

Shoot Baylor has at least 3 top 25 wins and a conference title. ND is not a top 4 team. I can't wait to see what happens if Iowa beats Michigan?? 

If Georgia, Michigan, and Houston win, you could have Georgia/OSU and Michigan/ND in the semifinals.  I would laugh watching heads explode if two B1G teams played for the title.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No what will be even funnier is if Notre Dame gets in and wins it, the heads exploding on here will be on another level.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1