National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

It’s been like that for years.
The nation wasn’t exactly holding their breath waiting for the IU/Duke Pinstripe bowl, etc.  The fan bases involved are interested, maybe some fans of the conferences involved, but most importantly they are able to sell ads. The last item, selling tv ads, is by far the most important reason these bowls exist.

Yes, that's far and away king. That's 1-50. 

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even though I don't think it is king but I know it is.  But what will the attendance be Le or th beatings for these games.

Memphis vs Hawaii

N Texas vs Miami of Ohio

Attendance has very little to do with it. Ticket sales is not where teams (pro too) make the money. It's mostly all in the broadcast deals and sponsorships. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even though I don't think it is king but I know it is.  But what will the attendance be Le or th beatings for these games.

Memphis vs Hawaii

N Texas vs Miami of Ohio

Not good. 

But.. think about this for a second.. per school there are, 95% of the time, 2x to 4x more football players at a HS than basketball...

A school might have 35 at most players in a HS that they keep on their roster. Sometimes only 20. 

Anyways.. lots of IN HS football teams with 125 kids right now. There are simply more people that play football, by design, than play basketball. Not arguing its better. 

Then you factor in that many kids families, as well. Like, Scott, my wife, mom, and sister (rarely) will watch football by themselves. Not that you can't find examples to the contrary, but.. I do think football, in more households, is watched. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Not good. 

But.. think about this for a second.. per school there are, 95% of the time, 2x to 4x more football players at a HS than basketball...

A school might have 35 at most players in a HS that they keep on their roster. Sometimes only 20. 

Anyways.. lots of IN HS football teams with 125 kids right now. There are simply more people that play football, by design, than play basketball. Not arguing its better. 

Then you factor in that many kids families, as well. Like, Scott, my wife, mom, and sister (rarely) will watch football by themselves. Not that you can't find examples to the contrary, but.. I do think football, in more households, is watched. 

I watch a lot of football but just think there shouldn't be 42 bowls.  I think bowl games is a reward for a very good season and not being mediocre.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What's happening with this situation 

No clue as of now. Either Auburn is just waiting for him to return from vacation to fire him or their gathering the goods so they can fire him for cause.

Either way this isn't Harsin's first rodeo down this path. Makes me curious who did the vetting?

Just now, Seeking6 said:

No clue as of now. Either Auburn is just waiting for him to return from vacation to fire him or their gathering the goods so they can fire him for cause.

Either way this isn't Harsin's first rodeo down this path. Makes me curious who did the vetting?

No like I don't even know why he's getting fired or what's going with it? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

No like I don't even know why he's getting fired or what's going with it? 

Most of the Auburn alumni I know were shocked and very disappointed in his hire.  Not sure he has been a good culture fit. Then you have the big money donors that want to call the shots and get "their guy".  Marital infidelity provides a very convenient excuse. 

Just not sure who they plan on hiring. Think LSU making a move, and Auburn's rivals Bama and UGA mega success, just adds to their sense of urgency.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Most of the Auburn alumni I know were shocked and very disappointed in his hire.  Not sure he has been a good culture fit. Then you have the big money donors that want to call the shots and get "their guy".  Marital infidelity provides a very convenient excuse. 

Just not sure who they plan on hiring. Think LSU making a move, and Auburn's rivals Bama and UGA mega success, just adds to their sense of urgency.

Didn't Bama's DC just get a DUI?  LOL

• Like 2