National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

On 2/10/2022 at 7:36 AM, btownqb said:

What's happening with this situation 

Update on this. Harsin is sticking around which means it lends some credence that some boosters tried to run a smear campaign against him...problem is they didn't find the smoking gun they thought they would.

Auburn is in a very dangerous place. Bama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M....if they don't get some stuff straight with their staff/players they will be an afterthought for awhile. Strange way it serves them right. Win a title and couple years later play for another one and they fire coaches down there like Steinbrenner did with Yankees.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Update on this. Harsin is sticking around which means it lends some credence that some boosters tried to run a smear campaign against him...problem is they didn't find the smoking gun they thought they would.

Auburn is in a very dangerous place. Bama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M....if they don't get some stuff straight with their staff/players they will be an afterthought for awhile. Strange way it serves them right. Win a title and couple years later play for another one and they fire coaches down there like Steinbrenner did with Yankees.

All great points.  It's the Saban effect. Auburn usually has to take risks with talented players that sometimes have questionable backgrounds.  They have also been quick on the trigger with some coaches that have had success.  Cam Newton and Nick Marshall were hired guns that had great success, but also lead to rapid declines after they were gone.  And I say all this as someone that cheers for Auburn over Bama, and has a brother in law that played baseball at Auburn.

• Like 2

I agree with the 8.  I don't like the 4 as much.  This year, I honestly think we only had two of the right teams but it's what the system is.  If you had 8, you would have let some better teams into the playoffs.  

There is always a line drawn somewhere but the nice thing about 8 is you should be able to legitimately get every elite team in.  

The regular season must matter.  The problem is when you get a mid-level team that runs the table.  With 8, they could have a seat the table and prove if they are the real deal.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 5:18 PM, btownqb said:

On 4/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, Hoosierinbham said:

Agree. Riley wanted NO part of the SEC. 

I’d take Campbell over Riley as well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 11:44 AM, btownqb said:

meh. I really prefer 8. I would rather have 4 then 12, though. 

I prefer anything that gets more teams involved into the “playoffs”. Getting into the playoffs has huge benefits for a program. When only a handful of teams ever really make it in they basically suck up all the air in college football and all the talent. I don’t want too many teams in as well perhaps we do 8 but add two play in games…7vs10 and 8vs9 to play the 1 and 2 seeded teams. This way the top 10 all get involved in one way or another and the top 2 teams get an advantage of playing teams that played the week before. I don’t think much of anything effects who wins it all in the end it will probably come from a top 2-3 team but having more in the discussion will help momentum in more than just the usual 4 or 5 programs that get all the kids. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Arch Manning chooses..........Texas. I'm shocked actually. 

Wow. Blazing his own trail I guess. With Texas moving to the $EC, he could create quite the legacy.  And his NIL money should be more than the GDP of a small third world country!

Edited by Hoosierinbham
  • Like 1