National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

On 6/23/2022 at 12:46 PM, Seeking6 said:

Arch Manning chooses..........Texas. I'm shocked actually. 

Not me. Sarkisian is a great offensive coach and apparently the Mannings have a good relationship with the OC/QB coach as well too. Path forward for him also looks more wide open at Texas. Most likely a starter his second year. A lot more crowded at Bama and Georgia….who Smart seems to run off 5* recruits.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not me. Sarkisian is a great offensive coach and apparently the Mannings have a good relationship with the OC/QB coach as well too. Path forward for him also looks more wide open at Texas. Most likely a starter his second year. A lot more crowded at Bama and Georgia….who Smart seems to run off 5* recruits.

Arch isn't sitting anywhere he's going. Day 1 starter at any school....although I do agree Kirby has a pattern of losing some highly ranked guys for whatever reason. My guess is overrecruiting. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Arch isn't sitting anywhere he's going. Day 1 starter at any school....although I do agree Kirby has a pattern of losing some highly ranked guys for whatever reason. My guess is overrecruiting. 

Doesn't UT have the top rated QB from last year's class in Ewers

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue anymore. Anything is possible I guess if he shows flashes this year he'll have about a dozen of the elites after him....again. 

...and even if he doesn't show flashes he will have a dozen or so schools after him as well.  All chasing that promise he had coming out of HS.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Pains me to admit that's true. It's been O$U and Clemson versus  Bama and SEC #2 for that season.

And OSU takes EVERYONES best shot in the B1G. 

Bama does too, but some SEC teams can kind of coast or sneak in... just the nature of sports. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And OSU takes EVERYONES best shot in the B1G. 

Bama does too, but some SEC teams can kind of coast or sneak in... just the nature of sports. 

Great point.  Michigan and PSU can gear their offense/defense toward competing with O$U. Auburn and LSU have caught lightning in a bottle a couple years, while A&M or someone else takes out Bama after a bye week. Still, hard to argue the strength of the $EC top to bottom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Apparently Tennessee might be forced to vacate their 2019 wins

Maybe just me. I know rules are rules....I get it. But the NCAA going after $60k in violations from 3 seasons ago seems just whatever.

We've got a landscape that will change forever in college football where I think football programs will bifurcate from their universities and the NCAA is chasing this? Maybe somebody down South got ticked at UT for something but this seems like chump change move. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe just me. I know rules are rules....I get it. But the NCAA going after $60k in violations from 3 seasons ago seems just whatever.

We've got a landscape that will change forever in college football where I think football programs will bifurcate from their universities and the NCAA is chasing this? Maybe somebody down South got ticked at UT for something but this seems like chump change move. 

Their damn luck it was just money and not bumper stickers or charity calendars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think there is more to the story, sounded like UT neglected into the matter