National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just not seeing it. UC has to hope Georgia beats Bama in SEC title game but even if that happens I could see Oregon (if they beat Utah) and Ohio St getting in before them. Just the way it is for Non P5 teams....

I get the point/argument.  Still ball left to be played.  It will sort itself out a little bit more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't feel bad for them. Cincinnati really isn't helping their case as much as they should if they're really a CFP team.

Everybody knows we had them on the ropes until the targeting call, and they've really struggled against horrible Navy and Tulsa teams the last 2 weeks. If they were routinely beating teams by 40+ they'd easily be in. They just aren't passing the optics test lately.

Yeah, I dont feel bad for them either. 

Imagine if UC' conference schedule included OSU, PSU, Michigan, MSU, Iowa, etc., and Indiana's included Tulsa, Temple, Navy, Tulane, ECU, etc.

IU would easily be a top 25 team with a bowl locked up, while UC would be fighting to make a bowl game. 

In college sports the schedule matters a lot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I dont feel bad for them either. 

Imagine if UC' conference schedule included OSU, PSU, Michigan, MSU, Iowa, etc., and Indiana's included Tulsa, Temple, Navy, Tulane, ECU, etc.

IU would easily be a top 25 team with a bowl locked up, while UC would be fighting to make a bowl game. 

In college sports the schedule matters a lot. 

Can't argue any of that but I will add that going undefeated matters a lot too.

I am not saying that ND deserves to be in the CFP if they end the season with only 1 loss, but what happens if UC ends up #1 and that would be their only loss. Can you keep a 1 loss team whose only loss is to current #1. Do you think UC goes undefeated and is left out of the CFP. Going to be a fun few weeks coming up for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not saying that ND deserves to be in the CFP if they end the season with only 1 loss, but what happens if UC ends up #1 and that would be their only loss. Can you keep a 1 loss team whose only loss is to current #1. Do you think UC goes undefeated and is left out of the CFP. Going to be a fun few weeks coming up for sure. 

I see the thought process.  Let the chaos begin!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rico said:

Wake Forest still has to finish undefeated.  And if they do, they will get a complimentary NY 6 Bowl game....hopefully against 'Bama.

Right...the assumption being made in this discussion is that all the teams in question win out. If Wake were to do so, why shouldn't they be in the playoff? It would be an interesting precedent for the committee to leave out an undefeated Power 5 school v a one loss school or a undefeated non-Power 5 school

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Right...the assumption being made in this discussion is that all the teams in question win out. If Wake were to do so, why shouldn't they be in the playoff? It would be an interesting precedent for the committee to leave out an undefeated Power 5 school v a one loss school or a undefeated non-Power 5 school

Absolutely...yet very few "talking heads" are talking about Wake.

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Had the same thoughts as well....

18 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I would have no problem with it. They haven't faced a ranked opponent this year...that's what happens when your OOC schedule is Campbell, Old Dominion, Norfolk St, and Army. That is worse than Cincy's schedule (which isn't that impressive either to be honest) with ND and IU (B1G) out of conference on it. I mean you have to at least give your team a test out of conference in case this sort of thing happens. I don't take them over Cincy...and it would take some movement at the top to get them in even over a 1 loss OSU/Oregon etc.

Edited by dgambill

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would have no problem with it. They haven't faced a ranked opponent this year...that's what happens when your OOC schedule is Campbell, Old Dominion, Norfolk St, and Army. That is worse than Cincy's schedule (which isn't that impressive either to be honest) with ND and IU (B1G) out of conference on it. I mean you have to at least give your team a test out of conference in case this sort of thing happens. I don't take them over Cincy...and it would take some movement at the top to get them in even over a 1 loss OSU/Oregon etc.

JMO but if Wake has a chance to be in the CFP then they need a lot of teams to finish with 2 losses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Going to be an uphill battle for Cincy, they debuted at 6th in the first CFP. MSU is at No. 3 while Alabama is 2nd. With no more tough games i could see the Bearcats dropping down even further.

Wake has a chance, they are 9th.

Alabama at 2 is an absolute joke. Really 75% of the top 25 is absolute junk. It's like they just picked names out of a hat.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Part of me hopes Cincinnati makes it in and gets to play Georgia.  So tired of all their hype.  If they played in the B1G, I don't think they'd even be a top 25 team.

I don't think they make it into the CFP.  They will have to settle for NY's bowl again.