Jump to content

National Scene 2021(Not BIG)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rico said:

Well the Irish will move up in the CFP rankings.

With a Sooners loss they will be 8th even though if play on the field means anything they should be ahead of MSU since their one common opponent Purdue, ND had no problem with and the Spartans lost to. Also still shaking my head at the Wolverines ahead of the Spartans lol.

This kind of surprised me

Each team in the CFBP poll top 10’s opponents combined record for the season thus far.

UGA : 41 -33
Bama : 40 - 33
Oregon 34 - 41
OSU 37 - 37
UC 30 - 43
UM 31 - 42
MSU 35 - 38
OU 28 - 46 WORST OVERALL
ND 42 - 32. BEST OVERALL
OKieSt 38 - 35

Also this is Notre Dames opponents, they have beaten 5 top 10 teams.

Purdue #2 Iowa, #3 MSU
Stanford #3 Oregon
Wisky #9 Iowa
UNC #9 Wake

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

With a Sooners loss they will be 8th even though if play on the field means anything they should be ahead of MSU since their one common opponent Purdue, ND had no problem with and the Spartans lost to. Also still shaking my had at the Wolverines ahead of the Spartans lol.

This kind of surprised me

Each team in the CFBP poll top 10’s opponents combined record for the season thus far.

UGA : 41 -33
Bama : 40 - 33
Oregon 34 - 41
OSU 37 - 37
UC 30 - 43
UM 31 - 42
MSU 35 - 38
OU 28 - 46 WORST OVERALL
ND 42 - 32. BEST OVERALL
OKieSt 38 - 35

Also this is Notre Dames opponents, they have beaten 5 top 10 teams.

Purdue #2 Iowa, #3 MSU
Stanford #3 Oregon
Wisky #9 Iowa
UNC #9 Wake

So what you are saying is this joke of a schedule that so many on here swear by actually is the best among top 10 teams. Who woulda thunk it?? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Every year it seems that for ND to get in the CFP picture, they have to go undefeated. 1 loss and it's over.

Alabama, OSU, and others, they get a pass with 1 loss....

Alabama might get a pass even if they lose to the Dawgs and have two losses lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Every year it seems that for ND to get in the CFP picture, they have to go undefeated. 1 loss and it's over.

Alabama, OSU, and others, they get a pass with 1 loss....

Remember, the Irish don't get that conference championship game to add to their resume.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

So what you are saying is this joke of a schedule that so many on here swear by actually is the best among top 10 teams. Who woulda thunk it?? 

 

52 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

While it isn't on the level of the Hoosiers schedule, it is definitely harder then some want to admit.

The difference being that not being in a conference, Notre Dame can construct their schedule in some respects. Yes they do play some tough opponents, but how often do they play them back to back? In a conference, teams don’t have the liberty to make their schedules and space out tougher games with lesser opponents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

 

The difference being that not being in a conference, Notre Dame can construct their schedule in some respects. Yes they do play some tough opponents, but how often do they play them back to back? In a conference, teams don’t have the liberty to make their schedules and space out tougher games with lesser opponents.

Actually they play an ACC schedule so i don't think they get to pick and choose it. Although there is some leeway in it they don't have as much liberty as you think. Also i think six of their games was against teams coming off a bye week which is crazy lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

100%  Those two teams seem to be in a league of their own right now.  Strange things can happen, but I hope we see them play for the title.

I would not be shocked to see that unless they put OSU at #4 and they meet in the semi final

 

On side note my company was awarded the job to install 7 larges sets of these around INDY. hoping maybe they will throw in some tix as well

Screenshot_20211112-135041_Yahoo Mail.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...