National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

33 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

If they were in the Big Ten, they would be Michigan; good, not great.  9 times out of 10 they would get spanked by OSU and probably lose 4 games consistently. Your stats kinda prove the point, they are getting "strength of wins" for playing FBS teams who are terrible year in year out.

They are a good program, not great. They would be Michigan in the BIG, do pretty well but get stomped by OSU nine times out of ten. I am not even considering the SEC. I don't think they suck at all, I said overrated. And these stats prove my point as much as yours, they do pretty well with their schedule, get to the playoffs and are outclassed. 

I have never said they were great I said they would be top 3 year in and year out if there were in a conference. Michigan is a fair comparison. Those rankings were ot strength of wins the paragraph was. People continue to comment on their weak schedule but outside of the BIG they SOS is almost always ahead of those in the SEC. I don't think they are a top 4 team this year or most years. The SOS weakness is greatly exaggerated.  

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't have their schedule in front of me what what are the 3 best wins for Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas ....who else

That is just how it shook out for 'Bama this year and fwiw the Tide's schedule is better than UGA's.

And Notre Dame needs to be in a conference.  I can't say it enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't have their schedule in front of me what what are the 3 best wins for Bama, Ole Miss, Arkansas ....who else

See... this is where the problem is... 

You value a win over Virginia/UNC/Va Tech like it's the same as a win @Auburn, @MSST, and @Florida--- I don't think the three wins listed for ND can even come close to winning those three road games in the SEC, and I'm legitimately not saying that because it's a ND discussion. 

Best three teams Bama will have played- #1, #9, and #15

Bama wins- @Auburn, @MSST, @Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas 

ND wins- Wisconsin neutral, Purdue, UNC, USC, @UVA, @VT, and @FSU? as their 7th best wins. 

Look at the end of their schedule man... none of those teams are any good, at all. GT, Navy, Stanford like what the heck?! 

1 minute ago, rico said:

That is just how it shook out for 'Bama this year and fwiw the Tide's schedule is better than UGA's.

And Notre Dame needs to be in a conference.  I can't say it enough.

The SEC top is strong the middle can win anywhere on any given day and the bottom sucks, kind of like every other conf. They just have more teams that are capable on any given year to be very good. Thats because of tradition, recruiting, facilities. I have never knocked the SEC but they are not that much ahead of the BIG in my opinion. 

I wish they would just join the ACC, have them and Clemson every year at the top and see how that goes. I agree they need to be in a conference

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

The SEC top is strong the middle can win anywhere on any given day and the bottom sucks, kind of like every other conf. They just have more teams that are capable on any given year to be very good. Thats because of tradition, recruiting, facilities. I have never knocked the SEC but they are not that much ahead of the BIG in my opinion. 

I wish they would just join the ACC, have them and Clemson every year at the top and see how that goes. I agree they need to be in a conference

The bottom of the SEC doesn't suck though. That's the thing. They have 5 ranked teams, would be 6 if Bo Nix doesn't get hurt, but Auburn, LSU, and Florida aren't created like other 6-6 teams. Any of those schools go and play Maryland.. they destroy them. 

Look at the B1Gs bottom 4 teams-- IU, RU, NEB, and NW vs. the SEC's-- Vandy, So Carolina, Tennessee, and Missouri. Take out Vandy and IU... both are just miserable. RU/NEB/NW vs USC/UT/Missouri---- I think that heavily, heavily favors the SEC. All 3 of those schools are going bowling. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

See... this is where the problem is... 

You value a win over Virginia/UNC/Va Tech like it's the same as a win @Auburn, @MSST, and @Florida--- I don't think the three wins listed for ND can even come close to winning those three road games in the SEC, and I'm legitimately not saying that because it's a ND discussion. 

Best three teams Bama will have played- #1, #9, and #15

Bama wins- @Auburn, @MSST, @Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas 

ND wins- Wisconsin neutral, Purdue, UNC, USC, @UVA, @VT, and @FSU? as their 7th best wins. 

Look at the end of their schedule man... none of those teams are any good, at all. GT, Navy, Stanford like what the heck?! 

I don't make the schedule and I agree I wish it were more difficult but the people that gather the information to make the SOS and the SOR disagree with you on those games. Bama has the 22 SOS, UGA 44, UM 32, UC 88 OSU 8, Okla St 33, and ND 31.  The people who put this together are wrong and you are correct, is that what you are saying?

CONGROVE COMPUTER RANKINGS (FBS) SOS

UGA 52

Bama 41

UC  68

ND  9

MICH 5

OKST 27

OSU  3

• Like 1

I don't make the schedule and I agree I wish it were more difficult but the people that gather the information to make the SOS and the SOR disagree with you on those games. Bama has the 22 SOS, UGA 44, UM 32, UC 88 OSU 8, Okla St 33, and ND 31.  The people who put this together are wrong and you are correct, is that what you are saying?

CONGROVE COMPUTER RANKINGS (FBS) SOS

UGA 52

Bama 41

UC  68

ND  9

MICH 5

OKST 27

OSU  3

I just don't care that ND's bottom 2 or 3 wins are marginally better than Bama's or whoever in the SEC because I know their schedule, their 8 or 9 toughest games are tougher than NDs. 

I don't need whatever this is you're posting to see what are and aren't quality wins. 

Again... look at their 7 best wins vs. Bama's... I don't see those as being close to equal. Everyone is going to win their bottom 4 or 5 games every year, that's a given. 

Kelly just wants to lose to Saban some more. Kelly is a really good coach but Notre Dame never had a great QB under him and they still don't. You have to have a difference maker to win a title and they haven't. They've also had depth issues. He couldn't figure out how to make things work with Jurkovec. He transfers to BC and is now a possible NFL QB. I don't feel like the lack of playoff success is really a ND problem but we'll find out under the next head coach. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I just don't care that ND's bottom 2 or 3 wins are marginally better than Bama's or whoever in the SEC because I know their schedule, their 8 or 9 toughest games are tougher than NDs. 

I don't need whatever this is you're posting to see what are and aren't quality wins. 

Again... look at their 7 best wins vs. Bama's... I don't see those as being close to equal. Everyone is going to win their bottom 4 or 5 games every year, that's a given. 

Apparently you need nothing because you know everything. I get it. your data proves you are correct and my data is not needed. The very last thing I will say because I feel like I am arguing with one of my students and know matter what you say they still only see it their way and thats fine. ND is not Bama, they are not OSU but year in and year out they are as good and any other team not name BAMA or OSU. They would be fine in any conference and Kelly left for money nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

Kelly just wants to lose to Saban some more. Kelly is a really good coach but Notre Dame never had a great QB under him and they still don't. You have to have a difference maker to win a title and they haven't. They've also had depth issues. He couldn't figure out how to make things work with Jurkovec. He transfers to BC and is now a possible NFL QB. I don't feel like the lack of playoff success is really a ND problem but we'll find out under the next head coach. 

Kelly "booked" on the wrong QB.  Jurkovec should have been his guy.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry but basing things off of your opinion vs facts based on strength of schedule factual numbers is a little bit off base of reality. 

• Like 1

Apparently you need nothing because you know everything. I get it. your data proves you are correct and my data is not needed. The very last thing I will say because I feel like I am arguing with one of my students and know matter what you say they still only see it their way and thats fine. ND is not Bama, they are not OSU but year in and year out they are as good and any other team not name BAMA or OSU. They would be fine in any conference and Kelly left for money nothing more nothing less. 

Absolute travesty. Incredibly bias opinion because you root for ND. I feel like I'm talking to every old person that lives in Indiana about ND lol THIS IS NOT THE 60s or 70s!!! 

Go to the south... Notre Dame is an after thought. Ohio State is absolutely the ONLY team ANY of them worry about, outside of their own conference. But hey... academic standards or whatever other excuse you all can come up with. 

Just now, btownqb said:

This year, yeah. You understand ND hasn't won a NC in my lifetime lol 5 SEC schools have though. 

Actually they are way down for a normal year.  I get the ND championship thing versus what the SEC has been doing.  And I agree with you on that point.