National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Sorry but basing things off of your opinion vs facts based on strength of schedule factual numbers is a little bit off base of reality. 

Facts mean nothing when the opinion comes from the football GOD. Us mere mortals and our data are for those commoners that don't understand the game of football. Some TIC some not so much

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

No, it's not about that at all. It's about going to a program that can win a national championship, I'm sure he would have taken the Florida or Oklahoma jobs, as well. He wants to compete against the best. Playing against Navy, Boston College, and Stanford has to get incredibly boring. 

I mean.. did you see his $$$$???? 

Furthermore... living in Baton Rogue compared to South Bend... holy crap, massive upgrade. 

Baton Rouge is considered one of the worst places to live in the US.  It has some of the highest crime rate in the country.  Also the state of Louisiana is always ranked as one of the worst states in the country.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolute travesty. Incredibly bias opinion because you root for ND. I feel like I'm talking to every old person that lives in Indiana about ND lol THIS IS NOT THE 60s or 70s!!! 

Go to the south... Notre Dame is an after thought. Ohio State is absolutely the ONLY team ANY of them worry about, outside of their own conference. But hey... academic standards or whatever other excuse you all can come up with. 

Lucky for this old man I live in Indiana. Let me get back to my transistor radio and rabbit ears. Honestly what people that prefer the confederate flag over the US opinion means very little to me. TIC

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I get it they suck. Hopefully they drop the sorry ass program and focus on rowing or something because obviously they are terrible. . I will buy you a cookie and give you a sticker for being the smartest on the board. I honored to be in your internet presence. 

Finally others see what I hav seen for a long time.  He should just start his own forum where he is the only poster since no one knows anything about sports but him

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I almost included them. Hard to complain about another area's use of the confederate flag when we live in So Indiana. Few places fly it more proudly than "we" do. 

I would disagree strongly with that. We have more than our fare share of rednecks but come on now its not even close... In Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Miss , I think they come out the womb waving it

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I would disagree strongly with that. We have more than our fare share of rednecks but come on now its not even close... In Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Miss , I think they come out the womb waving it

I've noticed very little difference. But, hey, I have no clue on that. But there are quite a few flown through this area. You certainly may be right.  

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am with you on that. Lots of great things in Louisana, great place to visit. Not sure I would want to live there but I don't want to live in SOuth Bend either and far less things to visit except ND.

That was my point. Weather alone would be worth it. I get north of Columbus and I can't stand it lol 

We were in Anderson for one of my wives Thanksgivings, holy hell it's cold in northern Indiana. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Have you ever been to Louisiana? or South Bend? 

Just like you I look at the data and rankings that are published every year. Louisiana and most of the SE like Alabama, Miss. and Arkansas are always ranked in the bottom 10 of state rankings to live in. That includes crime and poverty levels and many more stats.

Just now, btownqb said:

That was my point. Weather alone would be worth it. I get north of Columbus and I can't stand it lol 

We were in Anderson for one of my wives Thanksgivings, holy hell it's cold in northern Indiana. 

I would move to the Sun for sure. I am not a cold weather person and my wife really wants to move Florida, I keep saying Alabama 30 to 45 min from the ocean because its much cheaper.  I am all for moving to Andalusia, Alabama. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So you are a wuss?  Makes sense.  LOL  The cold ain't the problem with South Bend, it is just the city.  Man, that downtown area is horrid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes there are

I don't have a hatred of ND because of you btw lol 

Also.. when I post... assume we are at the bar and have had a few... that's how I talk, basically at all times. It's certainly not TRYING to p*** you off or even annoy you. I'm going to argue my opinion until the bitter end, which I hope you will, as well. 

40% of what I say should NOTTTT be taken literally. Like when I said "ND sucks" ... cmon, I don't seriously think that. I just think they are a good 1 or 2 rungs lower than 3 or 4 teams in the SEC, and I did find rumor in BK leaving ND. 

BUUUUUT... I did mention I think ND could come out better in the end. Said that multiple times, and I said I thought they were a top 8-14 program. I think that's fair for a team that hasn't won a title since 88. All I'm saying.