National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Maybe this is a So Indiana thing.... no idea..... but I don't really think of a central Indiana. There is southern Indiana, northern Indiana, and the Indy area. 

Greenfield=Indy area (it's in a county that touches Marion)... anything north of Hamilton Co is northern Indiana. 

To me Northern Indiana starts around Kokomo

Just now, btownqb said:

Maybe this is a So Indiana thing.... no idea..... but I don't really think of a central Indiana. There is southern Indiana, northern Indiana, and the Indy area. 

Greenfield=Indy area (it's in a county that touches Marion)... anything north of Hamilton Co is northern Indiana. 

One of my summer college jobs took me up 69 to Detroit in May. Everything down here was in full bloom. North of Indy nothing blooming. That that difference was pretty wild.  Like 2 different climates in the same state. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Area codes.  765 is central Indiana.  I do believe that area starts just south of Wabash.  Marion is 765.

• Like 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

One of my summer college jobs took me up 69 to Detroit in May. Everything down here was in full bloom. North of Indy nothing blooming. That that difference was pretty wild.  Like 2 different climates in the same state. 

It legit is though. I'd leave my house in Seymour (when I lived there) and it would be like 55 and marginally sunny, get to my WIFE'S house in Lapel... it would be like 42, drizzling, and windy. Nope, noooooope. I'll pass lol 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

To me around Martinsville

Once you get out of Hamilton County going north it alllll looks the same, so that's probably why we group it all together, idk. But, yeah Mville/Edinburgh that would be the start. To hard to distinguish a central Indiana for all of us down here. SI, NI, Indy area. 

I can see why someone that lives in that area would look at it differently though. 

Regardless.. it's COLD. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

So have you been to Louisiana? Do you think BK will live in an impoverished area? 

Coach O didn't "live" in Baton Rouge.  He lived in Mandeville in a gated community called the Sanctuary. He and his ex lived two streets from my sister and her family. Baton Rouge is a hot, moist dump. Most of the state is the same.  BK will have his primary residence somewhere else.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Coach O didn't "live" in Baton Rouge.  He lived in Mandeville in a gated community called the Sanctuary. He and his ex lived two streets from my sister and her family. Baton Rouge is a hot, moist dump. Most of the state is the same.  BK will have his primary residence somewhere else.

Oh I agree. But it's miles ahead of South Bend, though. Weather alone makes it better. 

• Like 1

That was my point. Weather alone would be worth it. I get north of Columbus and I can't stand it lol 

We were in Anderson for one of my wives Thanksgivings, holy hell it's cold in northern Indiana. 

This is very true. My wife grew up in southern Indiana in Louisville suburbs and I’m from the Fort Wayne area. She is NOT a fan of thanksgiving up there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

You are correct sir….My youngest daughter played softball at IU South Bend and coming up to watch some of her games in that weather were brutal. 

Oh crap, I'm sure. Sitting at a cold softball/baseball game is wayyyy colder, it seems, than a cold football game. 

Oh crap, I'm sure. Sitting at a cold softball/baseball game is wayyyy colder, it seems, than a cold football game. 

Yep, Especially an early season (away) softball game in February right off Lake Michigan…..! The wind coming off that frozen lake and across the diamond……🌬️🌬️🌬️

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

That is just how it shook out for 'Bama this year and fwiw the Tide's schedule is better than UGA's.

And Notre Dame needs to be in a conference.  I can't say it enough.

With the 12 team playoff coming, and having to win a conference to get a bye, ND will have to win 4 games in 4 weeks against the top 12 teams in the country to win a natty. Not happening. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

With the 12 team playoff coming, and having to win a conference to get a bye, ND will have to win 4 games in 4 weeks against the top 12 teams in the country to win a natty. Not happening. 

Better chance of ND going through that gauntlet than Purdue.  Just sayin'