National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely cannot have ND over UGA

I absolutely can.  Their best win is either Kentucky or a very weak Clemson team.  Not something to hang your hat on. Then they get smoked in their final game against their only highly ranked opponent this season.  Not a good look, and I actually kinda like Georgia and their fans.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I absolutely can.  Their best win is either Kentucky or a very weak Clemson team.  Not something to hang your hat on. Then they get smoked in their final game against their only highly ranked opponent this season.  Not a good look, and I actually kinda like Georgia and their fans.

Wait.. what's NDs best win? 

Unranked Wisconsin?!?! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Did you watch the game today? Smoked is absolutely not a way to describe that loss for UGA.. they were beaten, yes. No different than OSU last week. 

10 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

How can you categorize Clemson as a weak team? They're a ranked top 20 team. Just beat WF by 3 TDs. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Leaving Georgia out won't be a discussion. they were a lock regardless of today's outcome.  If ND were to get in (they won't) it would be over Cincinnati 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How can you categorize Clemson as a weak team? They're a ranked top 20 team. Just best WF by 3 TDs. 

Easy. ACC is really weak this season.  I'm honestly not really that excited about this year's playoff.  I think it will be Bama, Michigan, Georgia, and Cinci, in spite of what I would like. But I promise, you are giving Bama and Georgia MUCH more praise than their fans I know are.  Both fan bases are very disappointed in their teams.  Just trying to make this fun.

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Easy. ACC is really weak this season.  I'm honestly not really that excited about this year's playoff.  I think it will be Bama, Michigan, Georgia, and Cinci, in spite of what I would like. But I promise, you are giving Bama and Georgia MUCH more praise than their fans I know are.  Both fan bases are very disappointed in their teams.  Just trying to make this fun.

Hey.. if the ACC is weak... guess who played 5 ACC teams? 

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

But, ND built their resume by beating a bunch of ACC teams. Your argument just furthers the point that they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did you watch the game today? Smoked is absolutely not a way to describe that loss for UGA.. they were beaten, yes. No different than OSU last week. 

After the first quarter, they were outscored 41-14. That's getting smoked.  Something happened,  because both teams completely changed how they were playing.  With Saban, that can be adjustments. If Georgia looks fantastic in a rematch, I have some other thoughts.

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

After the first quarter, they were outscored 41-14. That's getting smoked.  Something happened,  because both teams completely changed how they were playing.  With Saban, that can be adjustments. If Georgia looks fantastic in a rematch, I have some other thoughts.

You didnt answer the question lol so you didn't watch game. Cmon man. 

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

The ACC definitely sucks. Clemson has gobs of talent.  but underachieving this year, will have Dabo looking at staff and his QB.  I definitely think he makes some serious staff changes. That group has been together for awhile, its starting to look stagnant 

I think the ACC is better than the P12. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You didnt answer the question lol so you didn't watch game. Cmon man. 

I watched every second of the game, with several Bama and Georgia fans. One guy played for Bama on their 92 national championship team. Another played for Georgia. Hence me saying your opinion of their teams is much higher than theirs. It's all good fun man. 

• Like 1

Did not want to start a new thread, and this has not been committed on….maybe no one cares. Realize this isn’t the place for this, but at least people are responding here…

Anyone else surprised/mystified/pissed that McFadden only made 2nd team all-conference? 
I find it hard to believe that both Wisconsin linebackers were better.

Certain that our record played into this 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

I watched every second of the game, with several Bama and Georgia fans. One guy played for Bama on their 92 national championship team. Another played for Georgia. Hence me saying your opinion of their teams is much higher than theirs. It's all good fun man. 

Have you ever read our board during a basketball game!?! 

I'm unbiased lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Did not want to start a new thread, and this has not been committed on….maybe no one cares. Realize this isn’t the place for this, but at least people are responding here…

Anyone else surprised/mystified/pissed that McFadden only made 2nd team all-conference? 
I find it hard to believe that both Wisconsin linebackers were better.

Certain that our record played into this 

I've ignored it all week. It's par for the course, I guess, unfortunately. 

Hopefully Micah hasn't tickled any "defenseless players" recently.

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Hard to say a conference sucks if they're #4 overall. Honestly I think I'd consider them average. Jmo 

If Clemson played Baylor/OKST/OU right now.. I think it's a 60 minute game. 

Maybe sucks is too strong. Down is probably better...  but until Miami and FSU dig out of their hole, the ACC isn't going to garner much attention unless Clemson is contending for championships