National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Venables to Oklahoma and he'll take Ole Miss OC with him. Clemson has been on autopilot for years but seems like Dabo and Clemson will be hitting reset this off season. Not a bad thing. Every once in awhile programs can get flat.....some new blood might work.

Agreed. You could see issues with clemson last year. They just didn't look like themselves even then.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

When you don't have Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence as your pilot things can go downhill pretty quickly...haha.

My boy is a Notre Dame, Clemson fan. I'm a Bama, Miami guy. so we watch a ton of SEC, ACC football.  Clemson was showing kinks in the armor last season.  I agree its great to have those qb's, but they had issues with fundamentals that weren't being addressed by the staff

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

My boy is a Notre Dame, Clemson fan. I'm a Bama, Miami guy. so we watch a ton of SEC, ACC football.  Clemson was showing kinks in the armor last season.  I agree its great to have those qb's, but they had issues with fundamentals that weren't being addressed by the staff

Good deal. Didn't know I had another Cane on here. Get Radakovich (Clemson AD) today....Mario by tonight and we move forward with Tyler Van Dymes next year....if we do just those 2 things Canes could be back in business sooner rather than never. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Good deal. Didn't know I had another Cane on here. Get Radakovich (Clemson AD) today....Mario by tonight and we move forward with Tyler Van Dymes next year....if we do just those 2 things Canes could be back in business sooner rather than never. 

I grew up a canes fan. Hated ND, so I sided with the convicts 😀

For years I've felt like the administration could care less about the program. Pretty much since the last probation issue...

I'm not huge on Mario. He has a ton of resources at Oregon,  and always seems to piss it away.

Miami needs a homerun hire. Unfortunately I don't think the administration is competent enough to pull it off

Technically I'm a huge Saban fan, he just happens to coach Bama.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

For years I've felt like the administration could care less about the program. Pretty much since the last probation issue...

I'm not huge on Mario. He has a ton of resources at Oregon,  and always seems to piss it away.

Miami needs a homerun hire. Unfortunately I don't think the administration is competent enough to pull it off

Pretty much the same with regards to ND. First college game ever was in the Orange Bowl in early 80's. Fell in love with it. 

Miami admin in a lot of ways mirrors what IU has been dealing with. Huge tradition, title winning mindset...that just couldn't get out of our own way that last 20 years. IU has changed things and if Canes get Rad I think they'll change as well. I'm a Mario fan....and the biggest thing is he'll have full support of every former player if they hire a former title winning player. We'll see. Can't be worse than watching Manny trip over himself each year. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty much the same with regards to ND. First college game ever was in the Orange Bowl in early 80's. Fell in love with it. 

Miami admin in a lot of ways mirrors what IU has been dealing with. Huge tradition, title winning mindset...that just couldn't get out of our own way that last 20 years. IU has changed things and if Canes get Rad I think they'll change as well. I'm a Mario fan....and the biggest thing is he'll have full support of every former player if they hire a former title winning player. We'll see. Can't be worse than watching Manny trip over himself each year. 

Sounds like Miami has their work cut out for them to try and get Cristobal from what this recruit is saying.

2022 Oregon Football Recruit Cyrus Moss Recaps In-Home Visit With Head Coach Mario Cristobal - Sports Illustrated Oregon Ducks News, Analysis and More

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Sounds like Miami has their work cut out for them to try and get Cristobal from what this recruit is saying.

2022 Oregon Football Recruit Cyrus Moss Recaps In-Home Visit With Head Coach Mario Cristobal - Sports Illustrated Oregon Ducks News, Analysis and More

Kind of guy Mario is. The job is to win today. Yesterday as Head Coach of Oregon his job is to get this kid instead of Lincoln Riley who had an in home with the kid the day before. 

I'm 50/50 on chances of getting Mario. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of guy Mario is. The job is to win today. Yesterday as Head Coach of Oregon his job is to get this kid instead of Lincoln Riley who had an in home with the kid the day before. 

I'm 50/50 on chances of getting Mario. 

Oregon is working on enhancing his contract to match Miami so yeah i would say it is probably 50/50 right now. 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Hey I'm with the convicts here too!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Oregon is working on enhancing his contract to match Miami so yeah i would say it is probably 50/50 right now. 👍

Miami will never come close to the $ Oregon will offer. This isn't a money call on Mario's part...it's a coming home decision. He's been back and forth from Oregon to Miami a few times last couple weeks. His Mother is fighting some illness. 

We'll all find out soon enough I guess.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Miami will never come close to the $ Oregon will offer. This isn't a money call on Mario's part...it's a coming home decision. He's been back and forth from Oregon to Miami a few times last couple weeks. His Mother is fighting some illness. 

We'll all find out soon enough I guess.

Yeah i understand why Mario would come back... he just doesn't blow my skirt up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1