National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

Just now, rico said:

I hope Michigan wins the title and kicks 2 SEC teams' arszs in doing it.

I hope Notre Dame gets Ole Miss and kicks their arsz too.

Michigan has a legit shot.  I look for Georgia to regroup and come out swinging. I hope they put Michigan at one, because a motivated Saban team is a force, as Georgia just found out.  

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ridiculous Bama jumped UM. 

I figured that would be the case.  It had less to do with bama and michigan, more to do with them not wanting to put cincy ahead of Georgia.   This was about matchups, not really rankings... Michigan was playing georgia regardless 

Edited by hoosier_exotics
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You guys all wear 2 jackets???  😄

Guess I do! Relatives all over South Florida and first college game was in the OB....Canes vs West Virginia who had some kid named Jeff Hostetler starting for them. 2 months later Canes beat Nebraska to win first title and was hooked ever since.

The fact they routinely beat up on ND when the rivalry was THE rivalry (besides FSU)...always made this Chicago native happy too.

My first IU games didn't come along until the Dave Schnell years in 87 when my sister was a freshman at IU. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Again,I personally would rather bama be in the 2 spot playing the underdog role. But they beat Georgia handily,  and are ahead of michigan in almost every metric

20211205_155150.jpg

Their loss is to #25. UMs loss was to #11. 

Furthermore, if you ranked UM ahead of Bama last week... there was nothing yesterday that showed you that Bama should move ahead. 

Michigan beat #13 42-3. 

If we're really trying to avoid a rematch, then just say it. 

In the last two weeks, UM beat OSU just as bad as Bama beat UGA.... plus Bama absolutely got as lucky as I've ever seen a team get to beat a 6-6 Auburn team... and Michigan beat #13 by 39 pts 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Their loss is to #25. UMs loss was to #11. 

Furthermore, if you ranked UM ahead of Bama last week... there was nothing yesterday that showed you that Bama should move ahead. 

Michigan beat #13 42-3. 

If we're really trying to avoid a rematch, then just say it. 

In the last two weeks, UM beat OSU just as bad as Bama beat UGA.... plus Bama absolutely got as lucky as I've ever seen a team get to beat a 6-6 Auburn team... and Michigan beat #13 by 39 pts 🤣🤣🤣

I don't disagree with any of what you said.  It just came down to them not wanting Cincy ahead of Georgia.  As soon as they announced Cincy at 4, everyone should have known Bama was 1.

I also think the other 3 teams are happy to have them at #1. Nobody wants to play Bama when they're feeling disrespected.  If Saban had his choice, I bet he would have rather been #2

Michigan was always going to play Georgia,  the ranking was irrelevant 

Edited by hoosier_exotics

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

How about this one for life is funny.....how about Chip Kelly back to Eugene? His buyout amount drops to $0 on January 16th. 

That thought crossed my mind also, but from the way they talk on Oregon boards he hates to recruit anymore and where he is now is easy recruiting grounds.

• Like 1

Watching basketball on FS1 and on the scroll they showed all the bowl games and I think it took an hour.  I am sorry but there are way to many bowl games that no one had interest in.  I saw a lot of 6-6 playing each other from mid mid major programs.  It is lime watching the CBI and the NIT tournaments in basketball.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching basketball on FS1 and on the scroll they showed all the bowl games and I think it took an hour.  I am sorry but there are way to many bowl games that no one had interest in.  I saw a lot of 6-6 playing each other from mid mid major programs.  It is lime watching the CBI and the NIT tournaments in basketball.

Scott, football is king. That's not my opinion. They play these games because THEY make money. ESPN that being they. There is an audience, so much betting, among other things. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Scott, football is king. That's not my opinion. They play these games because THEY make money. ESPN that being they. There is an audience, so much betting, among other things. 

Even though I don't think it is king but I know it is.  But what will the attendance be Le or th beatings for these games.

Memphis vs Hawaii

N Texas vs Miami of Ohio

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even though I don't think it is king but I know it is.  But what will the attendance be Le or th beatings for these games.

Memphis vs Hawaii

N Texas vs Miami of Ohio

It’s been like that for years.
The nation wasn’t exactly holding their breath waiting for the IU/Duke Pinstripe bowl, etc.  The fan bases involved are interested, maybe some fans of the conferences involved, but most importantly they are able to sell ads. The last item, selling tv ads, is by far the most important reason these bowls exist.

• Like 1