Jump to content

Can we do the improbable?


Recommended Posts

Well, I'll say this. This team has shown that AT TIMES, it can play with the best teams in the country, and the one thing it seems to be lacking, besides a competent PG, is confidence. So, yeah, it's certainly possible for this team to go on some crazy run, especially if they rally around their embattled coach.

That being said, I don't really see it happening.

[insert Shawshank Redemption quote about hope]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Well, I'll say this. This team has shown that AT TIMES, it can play with the best teams in the country, and the one thing it seems to be lacking, besides a competent PG, is confidence. So, yeah, it's certainly possible for this team to go on some crazy run, especially if they rally around their embattled coach.

That being said, I don't really see it happening.

[insert Shawshank Redemption quote about hope]

Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

I think that’s it.

But no I have ZERO hope on this team making a run. 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

of course i want to win both of the last two and it kills me any time we lose to the Smellermakers.  that said i think we'll go 0-2.  all year i have said you just never know with this team, but we seem really down right now.  can we do it?  sure.  those 2 teams aren't great.  will we do it?  i really don't think so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think several things will have to happen for such a run:

1) CAM needs to "let it all hang out" and improvise.

2) The freshmen have to become upperclassmen (mainly because there are no upperclassmen left on the bench).

3) Lander will have to show us the brilliance we've been waiting for.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen this posted a couple of times. Has there been an official announcement on having to be 2 games over .500 to make the tourney? I would think this year with shrinking schedules that wouldn't be in play. Just curious. 

And please....I know I know I know but just was asking a question. I don't want the if we won x game or games we wouldn't be in this situation stuff that eats up every single thread.

Just a question if someone can provide any input on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've seen this posted a couple of times. Has there been an official announcement on having to be 2 games over .500 to make the tourney? I would think this year with shrinking schedules that wouldn't be in play. Just curious. 

And please....I know I know I know but just was asking a question. I don't want the if we won x game or games we wouldn't be in this situation stuff that eats up every single thread.

Just a question if someone can provide any input on. 

 

It's not an official rule. I think a typical year you just have to be 0.500 or better to be eligible for an at large bid. They have just never selected anyone at 0.500 or 1 game over. I was told that this year the 0.500 criteria is thrown out, similar to football bowl eligibility. Whether they choose someone closer to 0.500 than they have before remains to be seen but it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think it'll be IU, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've seen this posted a couple of times. Has there been an official announcement on having to be 2 games over .500 to make the tourney? I would think this year with shrinking schedules that wouldn't be in play. Just curious. 

And please....I know I know I know but just was asking a question. I don't want the if we won x game or games we wouldn't be in this situation stuff that eats up every single thread.

Just a question if someone can provide any input on. 

 

No there hasn't but this year I think lends more to take a 2nd or 3rd place team from mid major than 9th or 10th bow .500 record 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

It's not an official rule. I think a typical year you just have to be 0.500 or better to be eligible for an at large bid. They have just never selected anyone at 0.500 or 1 game over. I was told that this year the 0.500 criteria is thrown out, similar to football bowl eligibility. Whether they choose someone closer to 0.500 than they have before remains to be seen but it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think it'll be IU, though.

I think it was 2 or 3 years ago where Bama, Arizona St, Texas, Syracuse and someone else all made the field with sub .500 conference records. Just was thinking since we couldn't schedule the 5-6 layups in preseason....it's all about being .500 this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No there hasn't but this year I think lends more to take a 2nd or 3rd place team from mid major than 9th or 10th bow .500 record 

Out of curiosity. Why?

Not sure why I think St. Louis at 13-5 but 6-4 in conference play should get in over us? Or Old Dominion or Cleveland St? Drake I'm fine with 24 wins but some of these others over a P5 school with .500 record or above? No way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...