DIY projects-2021

rico

Out with the old and in with the new( 5fouls taught me that one).

So any big projects in store from where we left off?  Last year I was planning on building a pole barn but the covid hit my wallet.  I plan on picking that one up again this year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I plan on putting a new deck around the pool. Had a guy give us a hot tub because he just hated it and then his wife said no. Was looking forward to that. I am doing a pergola

Nice...we are getting a pool installed in May so i will be deck building too

I'm looking at spending a lot of money on projects but not too much labor for me as of yet. New furnace and A/C unit. Top of chimney being rebuilt. Possibly new garage door. Just got new appliances after waiting 5 months.  I installed some new light switches and need to get around to doing more but that is low on my list. Next DIY project will be some interior painting. Not sure when, though.

15 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I’ve been working on a counter top for the master bath (finally). The epoxy pour has been kicking my arse! The wife likes Dolphins so they are inside the epoxy pour with some star fish. 

8BC1BD38-D6FB-4EE9-9BB3-8A79DFB865C8.jpeg

F9219DAE-B3E6-490B-B69F-E9B60CA47D6F.jpeg

Looking good. Let me know when you have that mastered and you can do one for me. :D Was thinking that would go perfect in the beverage bar in my basement!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I am going to keep on remodeling my house top to bottom.  Ugh so much work to do. It never ends. 

Dude, I have been working on mine for 15 years now.  As a matter of fact, I got a few things started 15 years ago and they still remain unfinished.  Of course I was a bachelor for those 15 years!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rico said:

Dude, I have been working on mine for 15 years now.  As a matter of fact, I got a few things started 15 years ago and they still remain unfinished.  Of course I was a bachelor for those 15 years!

Still havent finished trimming my living room I started last summer. In a few weeks I will move to a 3 day weekend shift so will have 4 days off a week to work around the house. 

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Still havent finished trimming my living room I started last summer. In a few weeks I will move to a 3 day weekend shift so will have 4 days off a week to work around the house. 

I put all new windows in my 1st floor about 15+ years ago.  10 total in all.  I still need to trim out 5 of them on the inside.  Last year I put new windows in upstairs(3) and don't have them trimmed out inside either.  About once a week I keep getting reminded by Tammy.  Ya know, sometimes I just lose focus and concentrate on more important things like fishing, hunting, and drinking!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I built my house and moved in in May of 15'. Upon move in I wanted to take a little break.... I wonder when break is over?

Windows not trimmed, Rooms not trimmed, about 15' of soffet not put up and about a million other little things. Since then I've started 5 other projects that are "just short" of being finished... Yep, all because I needed a little break upon 95% completion of anything. And before you ask, yes the wife agrees with this.... EVERYTHING... :)  

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I built my house and moved in in May of 15'. Upon move in I wanted to take a little break.... I wonder when break is over?

Windows not trimmed, Rooms not trimmed, about 15' of soffet not put up and about a million other little things. Since then I've started 5 other projects that are "just short" of being finished... Yep, all because I needed a little break upon 95% completion of anything. And before you ask, yes the wife agrees with this.... EVERYTHING... :)  

I need to let my wife know there are others like me. She thinks I am a 1 of a kind and not in the great way so to speak 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2