DIY projects-2021

rico

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I tend to overthink things so that’s expected. I would’ve made it easier but having the grooves complicated it. 

I think I’ll just use the nail gun with 5/8” brads dice it’s just 1/4” plywood. 

The fireplace looks great!

Good luck! Post pics when you finish. I'm sure it will turn out fine.

6 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

*This is an old remodel from our last house about 4.5 years ago*

We redid the fireplace with the stone using adhesive and the shiplap was a similar 3/8 inch thick using the 18 gauge nails 1.25 inch. This one held up great...and it was the "interlocking style" shiplap.

image0(11).jpeg

Please tell me your last name is Kennedy, Kirkpatrick, Klaus or your wife is Karen. Please? 

9 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

*This is an old remodel from our last house about 4.5 years ago*

We redid the fireplace with the stone using adhesive and the shiplap was a similar 3/8 inch thick using the 18 gauge nails 1.25 inch. This one held up great...and it was the "interlocking style" shiplap.

image0(11).jpeg

3 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Please tell me your last name is Kennedy, Kirkpatrick, Klaus or your wife is Karen. Please? 

(And just because it's Opening Day tomorrow and I enjoy my Reds and White Sox fan friends)

Maybe he's Adam Dunn...

😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

My 73 yr old father has decided it’s time to get into the wood processing business. He can’t see well enough to weld anymore so of course I get called in for reinforcement. 
It’s been 25 yrs since I struck an arc with a stick welder. 
SOB still wouldn’t say “nice job son”! 

1F56EFD0-27EE-4839-AC3B-BE9FC019BC0C.jpeg

Hit it with a wire brush and you have a nice bead. 

• Like 1

Took a hiatus from working on the house for a few months for reasons.

Bought a replacement ceiling fan that has been sitting in my living room for 3 weeks. Having 4 days off a week now and I have done pretty much nothing but watched movies and a show called Forged in Fire.

But it ends tomorrow😔, I was told by the woman I tricked into marrying me to shake the lead out and get this house remodeled.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Starting the dyi fire again.  Have concrete tear out and new going down today and tomorrow.  I've done my own concrete over the years but this required a major tear out job, dump truck, bobcat, and mini excavator  They are going to pour my footers so I can extend my deck.  Have ordered tile for backsplash.  Have ordered hood blower insert.  Fixing to build my over range hood from scratch.  Ordering railing. About to finish trimming the house out while waiting on all the materials.  

That should keep me busy til baby boy 2 gets here in October.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

My 73 yr old father has decided it’s time to get into the wood processing business. He can’t see well enough to weld anymore so of course I get called in for reinforcement. 
It’s been 25 yrs since I struck an arc with a stick welder. 
SOB still wouldn’t say “nice job son”! 

1F56EFD0-27EE-4839-AC3B-BE9FC019BC0C.jpeg

When I proposed to my fiance, we broke the news to my dad on a video chat.... he text me like an hour later telling me was proud of me and all that.. I was like tf this dude come from lol I wasn't all that convinced my dad really liked me growing up 😆. Friggin mean old dude. I think you did a fine job.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rico said:

My buddy’s diy project sitting in my side yard.

FCD17832-C9B1-4113-81E2-0BA320E5D6FB.jpeg

593C47E3-4BB1-4F19-BA7B-D6828C54A78B.jpeg

The one that doesn't have an outboard on it is the throw away.  The decking is all rotted(check marine ply-wood prices).  So my bud bought a pos pontoon that has an aluminum deck already on it.  We got to swap the stuff from the SS Minnow to make a USS Enterprise.  I just hope this project is done by the 4th of July.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, rico said:

The one that doesn't have an outboard on it is the throw away.  The decking is all rotted(check marine ply-wood prices).  So my bud bought a pos pontoon that has an aluminum deck already on it.  We got to swap the stuff from the SS Minnow to make a USS Enterprise.  I just hope this project is done by the 4th of July.

Mine is almost 20 years old and the carpeting is getting pretty rough. Could you replace that with the nice flooring the new ones have?

And BTW, my wife wants to know the name of the purple flower covering some farm fields. I told her I'd ask Rico.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Mine is almost 20 years old and the carpeting is getting pretty rough. Could you replace that with the nice flooring the new ones have?

And BTW, my wife wants to know the name of the purple flower covering some farm fields. I told her I'd ask Rico.

This?

images.jpeg

2 hours ago, rico said:

My buddy’s diy project sitting in my side yard.

FCD17832-C9B1-4113-81E2-0BA320E5D6FB.jpeg

593C47E3-4BB1-4F19-BA7B-D6828C54A78B.jpeg

Love pontoons. Long day of cruising, food, good music, cold beer, and Lake Monroe is about as heaven on Earth as it gets. We bought one years ago. I think we would have had better luck with a ticket on The Titanic. 

Never again. Renting only from here on out. Haha. Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1