DIY projects-2021

rico

49 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Finally got my shiplap wall finished. It was quite the journey to get wrapped up. 

DCB8DB77-621A-4EB7-ADB9-BD938A33CF2C.jpeg

Nice job bro.  I think it would look even better with a picture of me, your "Uncle Rico", hanging right in the middle of that wall.

Kicking (Flat) Tires: Uncle Rico - Hogs Haven

• Haha 2

Ceiling fan up. And...the light fixture in the kitchen will be replaced by this same ceiling fan next week. Wifes orders.  Its spins clockwise and counterclockwise, had it on about 5 minutes and cooled the living room down 2 degrees. Very nice. 

Remote controlled and got it from Home Depot. 

2021042995191700.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 7

Mentioned my refrigerator troubles in the comic relief thread. Spoke too soon. Coil cleaner only worked for a bit. Had it unplugged for the last 3 days. Thawed it out. Packed what I could in coolers, cooked what I could and put it in the small chest freezer I bought. 

Turns out my evaporator coil was frozen over.

Took the freezer apart today and tested the coil defroster, no resistance.  New defroster will be here Wednesday, rebuilt the condenser fan because its was NOISY, but good as uh, refurbished. But my food will be safe. Spent $15 to save $1500. A good day. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Mentioned my refrigerator troubles in the comic relief thread. Spoke too soon. Coil cleaner only worked for a bit. Had it unplugged for the last 3 days. Thawed it out. Packed what I could in coolers, cooked what I could and put it in the small chest freezer I bought. 

Turns out my evaporator coil was frozen over.

Took the freezer apart today and tested the coil defroster, no resistance.  New defroster will be here Wednesday, rebuilt the condenser fan because its was NOISY, but good as uh, refurbished. But my food will be safe. Spent $15 to save $1500. A good day. 

Sounds awesome man! NOW, find another little project. We don't want your wife to think you're taking advantage of that short work week ever again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So far this year....

- Replaced 18 light fixtures and 5 ceiling fans

- installed 3 integrated light/fan controls (1 to go). I have a passionate hatred for pull chains on fans.

- Installed 3 Kasa smart switches for outside light timer/controls

- Stained a new but previously unfinished deck

- Installed two runs of patio/bistro lighting and an outdoor fan

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

So far this year....

- Replaced 18 light fixtures and 5 ceiling fans

- installed 3 integrated light/fan controls (1 to go). I have a passionate hatred for pull chains on fans.

- Installed 3 Kasa smart switches for outside light timer/controls

- Stained a new but previously unfinished deck

- Installed two runs of patio/bistro lighting and an outdoor fan

You have been a busy man my friend 

I made a bird house this afternoon. 

A few weeks ago we were at an event that a blue bird group was at and they talked about these houses. The screws are a little sloppy but the birds won’t mind. 

It’s a pretty quick project. I just used a cedar fence picket from Menards. 

image.jpg

Edited by BeerBQ
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I made a bird house this afternoon. 

A few weeks ago we were at an event that a blue bird group was at and they talked about these houses. The screws are a little sloppy but the birds won’t mind. 

It’s a pretty quick project. I just used a cedar fence picket from Menards. 

image.jpg

This should be enough evidence for you to get permission (from the Mrs') to go buy a new table saw, joiner, dust collection system and a F150. All of those thing will make happier Blue Birds, it's just that obvious! Tell her your buddies all agree!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

This should be enough evidence for you to get permission (from the Mrs') to go buy a new table saw, joiner, dust collection system and a F150. All of those thing will make happier Blue Birds, it's just that obvious! Tell her your buddies all agree!

Sage advice. We'll save the true addiction (router bits) for future lessons. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Pools are just like boats...the two happiest days in the owner's life is when you get one and when you get rid of it.

For me personally I have to disagree.  I can't imagine not having our pool. On top of that my wife works for the schools so she is off all summer and she does everything with the pool. My job is to open itbinbthe spring, buy the chemical and close it in the fall. 

• Like 1